Help, new motherboards [gigabyte 7vt600P-RZ] BIOS doesn't have all the options, even in advanced mo

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by jeff, May 14, 2005.

  1. jeff

    jeff Guest

    I was going through setting up the BIOS on my new mobo and I can't
    find a bunch of options Im used to.

    Video BIOS Shadowing
    AGP Fast Write
    Assign IRQ for VGA
    System BIOS Cacheable
    AGP Master 1WS Read & Write
    PCI Pipline , Dynamic Burst, Master 0 WS Write
    Assign IRQ for USB
    IDE HDD Block mode

    why wouldn't these settings be on a newer motherboard?

    yes I've pushed ctrl+F1 to get into advanced mode, and yes it has the
    lastest BIOS flashed.

    thank you

    jeff, May 14, 2005

  2. jeff

    Aquanaut Guest

    "jeff" <> wrote in message
    >I was going through setting up the BIOS on my new mobo and I can't
    > find a bunch of options Im used to.
    >
    > Video BIOS Shadowing
    > AGP Fast Write
    > Assign IRQ for VGA
    > System BIOS Cacheable
    > AGP Master 1WS Read & Write
    > PCI Pipline , Dynamic Burst, Master 0 WS Write
    > Assign IRQ for USB
    > IDE HDD Block mode
    >

    > why wouldn't these settings be on a newer motherboard?
    >
    > yes I've pushed ctrl+F1 to get into advanced mode, and yes it has the
    > lastest BIOS flashed.
    >

    > thank you

    do you know what you have bought?
    manual here
    http://www.giga-byte.com/Download/D...List/Manual/manual_sata_raid_os_via8237_e.pdf

    Aquanaut, May 14, 2005

  3. jeff

    Plato Guest

    jeff wrote:

    > I was going through setting up the BIOS on my new mobo and I can't
    > find a bunch of options Im used to.
    >
    > Video BIOS Shadowing
    > AGP Fast Write
    > Assign IRQ for VGA
    > System BIOS Cacheable
    > AGP Master 1WS Read & Write
    > PCI Pipline , Dynamic Burst, Master 0 WS Write
    > Assign IRQ for USB
    > IDE HDD Block mode
    >
    > why wouldn't these settings be on a newer motherboard?

    Becasue you got one with a more limited bios.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, May 14, 2005
  4. jeff

    jeff Guest

    On 14 May 2005 16:55:14 -0500, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:

    >jeff wrote:
    >>
    >> I was going through setting up the BIOS on my new mobo and I can't
    >> find a bunch of options Im used to.
    >>
    >> Video BIOS Shadowing
    >> AGP Fast Write
    >> Assign IRQ for VGA
    >> System BIOS Cacheable
    >> AGP Master 1WS Read & Write
    >> PCI Pipline , Dynamic Burst, Master 0 WS Write
    >> Assign IRQ for USB
    >> IDE HDD Block mode
    >>
    >> why wouldn't these settings be on a newer motherboard?

    >Becasue you got one with a more limited bios.

    more limited than an ECS piece of shit.... this is a gigabyte

    jeff, May 15, 2005
  5. jeff

    jeff Guest

    On Sat, 14 May 2005 19:15:36 GMT, "Aquanaut" <>
    wrote:

    >"jeff" <> wrote in message
    >>I was going through setting up the BIOS on my new mobo and I can't
    >> find a bunch of options Im used to.
    >>
    >> Video BIOS Shadowing
    >> AGP Fast Write
    >> Assign IRQ for VGA
    >> System BIOS Cacheable
    >> AGP Master 1WS Read & Write
    >> PCI Pipline , Dynamic Burst, Master 0 WS Write
    >> Assign IRQ for USB
    >> IDE HDD Block mode
    >>

    >> why wouldn't these settings be on a newer motherboard?
    >>
    >> yes I've pushed ctrl+F1 to get into advanced mode, and yes it has the
    >> lastest BIOS flashed.
    >>

    >> thank you

    >do you know what you have bought?
    >manual here
    >http://www.giga-byte.com/Download/D...List/Manual/manual_sata_raid_os_via8237_e.pdf

    yes I know what I have bought, but I was wondering why those BIOS
    setting I've seen in all my other mobo's weren't in that BIOS.

    jeff, May 15, 2005