    info. is the XP machine installed with a Linksys Wireless adapter which can
    see the access point but not the router or the internet, so upgrading via the
    internet is a no-go (I am typing this on the 2K host machine) HELP!
    =?Utf-8?B?YWxsYXByaW1hMQ==?=, Apr 5, 2005

  2. 1) Is this a Domain joined client?

    2) The network connections folder may have restrictions based upon the
    logged-in user's permissions. Can you open the following and reply back
    with the group name for your user?

    START > Administrative Tools > Computer Management

    From the computer management snap-in navigate to:

    Computer Management (Local) -> System Tools -> Local Users and Groups ->
    Groups

    Navigate through the user groups until you find your username. Reply back
    with the Groupname for your user.

    --
    Jerry Peterson
    Windows Network Services - Wireless