Help needed...

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by colinco, Aug 19, 2003.

  1. colinco

    colinco Guest

    In article <>, Ron wrote...
    > With all this talk of Kerio, I thought I'd upgrade
    > to Kerio 4. Duly did so and then troubles started,

    Kerio 4 is still a work in progress - what do you expect.
    2.1.5 is last stable version.
    Ver 3 design was stopped in favour of what will be 4

    colinco, Aug 19, 2003

  2. colinco

    Ron Guest

    With all this talk of Kerio, I thought I'd upgrade
    to Kerio 4. Duly did so and then troubles started,
    certain pages on the net would open, others like
    eBay only partially. To compound this xtra decided
    to have a moment and rather than be specific about
    geographic positioning of customers having trouble
    accessing the net, just said some. So now xtra is
    up & running, but my problem has not gone away even
    though I have uninstalled Kerio, scourged every trace
    from my system, reinstalled NS 4.8, I still can't
    open certain pages, Yahoo mail is just a blank page.
    Opera 7.11 is having the same trouble.

    Any solutions most welcome.
    win98v2

    TIA

    Ron

    Ron, Aug 19, 2003

  3. On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 15:52:06 +1200, Ron <> wrote:

    >colinco wrote:
    >>
    >> In article <>, Ron wrote...
    >> > With all this talk of Kerio, I thought I'd upgrade
    >> > to Kerio 4. Duly did so and then troubles started,
    >> >

    >> Kerio 4 is still a work in progress - what do you expect.
    >> 2.1.5 is last stable version.
    >> Ver 3 design was stopped in favour of what will be 4

    >Seeing as I was underwhelmed with all your suggestions, I
    >reinstalled 2.1.5 and everything came right.
    >Uninstalling it and things remained alright, so back it went.
    >
    >Re-visting Kerio's site, I see that the hyperbole that adorned
    >the site yesterday has gone and 2.1.5 is now once more, the
    >flavour of the month.
    >
    >Ron
    >

    >Ron

    May be you should have tried version 5..

    Here is a link

    http://www.m3dzone.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2033

    Robert Mathews, Aug 19, 2003
  4. On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 16:51:54 +1200, whoa <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 14:37:40 +1200, Ron <> said
    >
    >>With all this talk of Kerio, I thought I'd upgrade
    >>to Kerio 4. Duly did so and then troubles started,
    >>certain pages on the net would open, others like
    >>eBay only partially. To compound this xtra decided
    >>to have a moment and rather than be specific about
    >>geographic positioning of customers having trouble
    >>accessing the net, just said some. So now xtra is
    >>up & running, but my problem has not gone away even
    >>though I have uninstalled Kerio, scourged every trace
    >>from my system, reinstalled NS 4.8, I still can't
    >>open certain pages, Yahoo mail is just a blank page.
    >>Opera 7.11 is having the same trouble.
    >>
    >>Any solutions most welcome.
    >>win98v2
    >>

    >Kerio 4 is still in beta, it sucked on my XP, back to 2.1.5 for me.

    Its 5 now..

    Robert Mathews, Aug 19, 2003