    1. Will it help upgrading the memory to 512 or 1024MB.
    2. If so, what kind of RAM should I look for?

    thanks
    Golf Nut, Feb 17, 2004

  2. Golf Nut

    Golf Nut Guest

    BTW its 547 MHz.
    thanks

    "Golf Nut" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > I have a Compaq deskpro, Pentium III 256MB RAM. Plenty of hard disk.

    running

    Golf Nut, Feb 17, 2004

  3. Golf Nut

    Thor Guest

    "Golf Nut" <> wrote in message
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > I have a Compaq deskpro, Pentium III 256MB RAM. Plenty of hard disk.

    running
    > windows XP.
    > 1. Will it help upgrading the memory to 512 or 1024MB.
    > 2. If so, what kind of RAM should I look for?

    Whether it will be an improvement depends on what you use it for. If it's
    just an internet and word processing box, then you won't likely see much
    difference. If you do more demanding things like play some games, photo
    processing/printing/retouching, then it might help to go to 512MB, but it
    still may not be a radical difference in performance. As for where to
    purchase it, I suggest www.crucial.com . Look up your model in their
    database, and they will match the memory to your machine.
    Thor, Feb 17, 2004
  4. Golf Nut

    Rob-J Guest

    Adding memory will help a bit. But it will be only a bit, this is a pretty
    slow machine to be runing XP.
    Rob-J, Feb 17, 2004
  5. Golf Nut

    Trent© Guest

    On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 13:18:27 -0500, "Golf Nut" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi folks,
    >
    >I have a Compaq deskpro, Pentium III 256MB RAM. Plenty of hard disk. running
    >windows XP.
    >1. Will it help upgrading the memory to 512 or 1024MB.

    Will it help WHAT? Are you having a problem?

    256 is probably borderline for that os. 512 might be better.

    >2. If so, what kind of RAM should I look for?

    Same kind that you have.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    Trent©, Feb 18, 2004