    run in BATCH mode?

    thanx
    jd

    Jimmy Dean, Aug 13, 2004

  2. Jimmy Dean

    Brian Guest

    "Jimmy Dean" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:...
    > I have 2 physical HDs C: and D: and use a prog to sync important data
    > from C: to D:. It always worked perfectly with Win98/Me, but since I
    > have switched to WinXP, there is this problem:
    >
    > Files copied to D: differ in their timestamp by up to 2 seconds. The
    > syncing prog thinks thay are different, deletes them and starts
    > resyncing all over again.
    >
    > Any idea how to fix this timestamp issue in XP? (it never happened in
    > 98/Me)?
    >
    > Or si there a syncing prog which can hendle the timestanp problem and
    > run in BATCH mode?
    >
    > thanx
    > jd

    there was a similar thread recently.. is one of your HDDs ntfs and one Fat?
    if so, that the prob. search through microsoft's knowledge base for it.

    Brian, Aug 13, 2004

  3. Jimmy Dean

    John Smith Guest

    "Jimmy Dean" <> wrote in message
    > I have 2 physical HDs C: and D: and use a prog to sync important data
    > from C: to D:. It always worked perfectly with Win98/Me, but since I
    > have switched to WinXP, there is this problem:

    If your goal is to simply keep C & D sync'ed to each other, have you
    considered simply mirroring the drives?

    Clean off the D drive, goto the drive manager - right click "my computer",
    click manage, expand the "storage" if you have to, click "Disk Management".
    At that point, you may have to conver the disk to a "dynamic" disk. Once
    this is done, you will be able to select "mirror" from the choices you get
    when you right click the drive.

    What this does, is that "D" essentially becomes an exact "mirror" or "copy"
    of C drive. You don't have to worry about it being kept up to date, the
    system does it for you.

    One note - you can not separately access your "D" drive again - because is
    will be mirroring the "C" drive.

    Hope this helps,

    Fred.

    John Smith, Aug 14, 2004
  4. Jimmy Dean

    John Smith Guest

    "Jimmy Dean" <> wrote in message
    > I have 2 physical HDs C: and D: and use a prog to sync important data
    > from C: to D:. It always worked perfectly with Win98/Me, but since I
    > have switched to WinXP, there is this problem:
    >
    > Files copied to D: differ in their timestamp by up to 2 seconds. The
    > syncing prog thinks thay are different, deletes them and starts
    > resyncing all over again.

    Oops - I am the first to admit that I am wrong - I see MS has put a spin on
    their XP Pro edition - you can't mirror on the same computer - here is an
    excerpt from their knowledge base:

    You cannot create mirrored volumes or RAID-5 volumes on Windows XP Home
    Edition, Windows XP Professional, or Windows XP 64-Bit Edition-based
    computers. However, you can use a Windows XP Professional-based computer to
    create a mirrored or RAID-5 volume on remote computers that are running
    Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, or Windows 2000
    Datacenter Server. You must have administrative privileges on the remote
    computer to do this.

    Sorry about that.

    Fred.

    John Smith, Aug 14, 2004