    Any ideals?

    Thanks,
    Terry in Texas

    Terry, Oct 4, 2006

  2. Terry

    dadiOH Guest

    Terry wrote:
    > This problem is hard to explain.
    > When opening Explorer, Excel, Word or any other MS program, I get
    > strange character sysbols showing up.
    > Example:
    > In the top right corner of all screens is the minimize "-" and
    > maximize "+" symbols.
    > I"m getting different strange characters instead.
    >
    > When I open a Microsoft screen that's suppose to show a box with a
    > "x" I get a strange symbol instead.
    >
    > Any ideals?

    It sounds as if the Wingdings font - the source of the missing
    characters - is messed up or missing.

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Oct 4, 2006

  3. Terry

    Ben Myers Guest

    Try extracting a fresh copy of "MARLETT.TTF" from your Windows
    CD to the "c:\windows\fonts" or "c:\winnt\fonts" folder. You may
    have to restart the computer for the change to take effect.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q134861/

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Oct 4, 2006