    I have enabled everything that I can find in bios. Is there anything that
    anyone can think of why the Fastrak only recognises a single drive array.

    Thanks in advance.
    gulliver, Sep 14, 2003

  2. gulliver

    Big Guest

    On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 15:10:06 +1200, "gulliver" <>
    wrote:

    >Can anyone help with my problem? Have new Soltek SL-75FRN2 m/b with onboard
    >Fastrak Promise/Raid adapter.
    >Have installed drivers but cannot get the comp to recognise 2 drives (Both
    >Maxtor 6L060L3) but only one.
    >They both work fine when connected to IDE 1.
    >
    >I have tried all different jumper settings on the drives themselves to no
    >avail.
    >
    >I have enabled everything that I can find in bios. Is there anything that
    >anyone can think of why the Fastrak only recognises a single drive array.
    >
    >Thanks in advance.

    Are you using XP..?
    Big , Sep 14, 2003

  3. gulliver

    J Guest

    >Can anyone help with my problem? Have new Soltek SL-75FRN2 m/b with onboard
    >Fastrak Promise/Raid adapter.
    >Have installed drivers but cannot get the comp to recognise 2 drives (Both
    >Maxtor 6L060L3) but only one.
    >They both work fine when connected to IDE 1.
    >
    >I have tried all different jumper settings on the drives themselves to no
    >avail.
    >
    >I have enabled everything that I can find in bios. Is there anything that
    >anyone can think of why the Fastrak only recognises a single drive array.
    >
    >Thanks in advance.

    Hmmm... not quite sure I understand the question do you mean the RAID
    BIOS only detects one drive or you only see one drive in windows. ?
    How have you got it connected exactly ? both drives to the same cable
    on the primary of the RAID controller or one on primary and one on
    secondary ?

    A lot of the time the promise IDE RAID controllers will not allow you
    to use them like a standard IDE controller and you will need to set up
    a stripe on each drive to see both of them.

    J.
    J, Sep 14, 2003
  4. gulliver

    Big Guest

    On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 19:13:16 +1200, "gulliver" <>
    wrote:

    >and to J. The Fastrak bios doesn't recognise both drives. Only one. But it
    >gives the option of using striping on this one drive. In my computer only
    >one of the drives can be seen?
    >Device manager recognises the drive as PDC-20376 Sata-Raid driver.

    When you do a Instal or a Repair you Must push F6 when XP is booted from
    the CD, then you select that you have the drivers for the Raid or IDE
    Controller, this has to be on a Floppy

    During the installation, press "F6" to define a third party RAID driver, and
    the driver set is detected correctly and choose the WINXP driver version.
    Windows then comes back and says that it has a driver version for this
    controller as well. I choose option "S" at this point (to use the driver from
    the floppy disk) and continue.

    So get the Raid or IDE Drivers for XP and copy them onto a floppy, mine has to
    have the XP Folder and the Root to work..
    Big , Sep 14, 2003
  5. gulliver

    wrote:

    >and to J. The Fastrak bios doesn't recognise both drives. Only one. But it
    >gives the option of using striping on this one drive. In my computer only
    >one of the drives can be seen?
    >Device manager recognises the drive as PDC-20376 Sata-Raid driver.

    This also might help

    http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1435&page=2
    Big , Sep 14, 2003
  6. gulliver

    wrote:

    >and to J. The Fastrak bios doesn't recognise both drives. Only one. But it
    >gives the option of using striping on this one drive. In my computer only
    >one of the drives can be seen?
    >Device manager recognises the drive as PDC-20376 Sata-Raid driver.

    Also have a poke around on Google as a few people are having problems with
    SATA Drives..

    I am not using SATA as they don't offer any improvements for the added
    price, Plus the Seagate SATA ones get hotter and do not have a 3 year
    warantee..
    Big , Sep 14, 2003
  7. In article <e_Q8b.146851$>,
    says...
    [snip]

    Have you tried the two drives with two cables on the RAID controller?
    I've got a (Promise Highpoint?) raid controller and I found it to be
    *very* finicky about what hardware configurations (combos) it will
    accept.
    If you are using ATA 100 cable it may even matter which plug you put in
    the master drive and which in the slave if you are sharing one cable.

    Did you look for a readme file on the MoBo CD (stupid question, I know,
    but sometimes the obvious ...).

    I assume you are not getting two drives detected by the bios, rather than
    the OS ?!?

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Sep 14, 2003
  8. gulliver

    Rider Guest

    "gulliver" <> wrote in message

    > and to J. The Fastrak bios doesn't recognise both drives. Only one. But it
    > gives the option of using striping on this one drive. In my computer only
    > one of the drives can be seen?
    > Device manager recognises the drive as PDC-20376 Sata-Raid driver.

    In "My Computer" does the drive appear as its original size, or double its
    actual size?
    Rider, Sep 15, 2003