Help needed with Netgear wireless router

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Jason70, Sep 22, 2006.

  1. Jason70

    Jason70 Guest

    Hi there,

    I recently bought a wireless router form Netgear (DG834PN) for and have
    only just realised that it's also an ADSL Modem Wireless Router.

    I want to use this as a router only for my small business network (1
    server, 4 pcs) , but can't seem to get it configured properly so that
    the pc accessing the network wirelessly can get on to the internet.
    Basically i've just plugged it in and gone.... !

    Any help or pointers as to what I need to change would be greatly
    appreciated...

    Regards,

    Jason
    Needapresent.com

    Jason70, Sep 22, 2006

  2. How are you connecting to the internet now? How you connect and how you
    share this connection will determine how you must use the netgear, or if you
    can. Are you running ICS?

    --
    David Hettel
    Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    confers no rights

    David Hettel MVP MobileDevices, Sep 22, 2006

  3. Jason70

    ChrisPC Guest

    Can you access the web-based administration interface? If so, please
    tell us how the router currently is configured.

    In it, do you see a link called "Setup Wizard", and have you run it
    yet?

    This model has one or more LAN ports (for clients), right? If you hook
    a PC up the a LAN port, does it get an IP address, and if so, what is
    the address?

    ChrisPC, Sep 22, 2006