    I really want version 3 back as it formatted emails better especially
    for my completely compter illiterate mother.

    Thanks in advance for any help
    Paul Beaulieu, Oct 1, 2004

  2. Paul Beaulieu

    Dave Cobb Guest

    Yikes... I recently upgraded to 4.0 (my CD is 3.4) and had not tried
    emailing since then... so with curiosity I have just tried it now.

    Once you setup the ofoto account (I already had one), emailing is just as
    easy as before... maybe you can help her create the ofoto account, and then
    she should be fine.

    PROS:
    The emails are delivered MUCH faster in 4.0!!
    The emails will not clog peoples mailboxes with attachements.

    CONS:
    You have to browse the images on ofoto.com, can't view offline from email.

    I suspect since the 3.x email servers at Kodak were getting overloaded that
    this was a necessary step... Maybe if everyone migrates to 4.x the email
    servers will respond faster... then again.. they could be decomissioned
    all-together.

    Anyway, this is an interesting argument for staying on 3.x

    Dave Cobb, Oct 1, 2004

  3. Paul Beaulieu

    Ron Baird Guest

    Hi Paul,

    As noted in an email to you, you can switch from the Ofoto option to general
    email options. Actually, you have the option of switching between two
    different email types with version 4.0 You can continue to use the
    traditional email process or use the Ofoto option. To change between the
    different e-mail options using the EasyShare menu. Select Tools >
    Preferences and select the Account Settings tab. Select the Email service
    you prefer on that page. Please note that to use Email sharing powered by
    Ofoto, you must be in an Ofoto service area and set up your free Ofoto
    account. This will allow your Mom to choose what she wants. If this does
    not meet her need, let me know and I will try to find another way to help.

    Talk to you soon, Paul,

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Oct 5, 2004