    can figure out where to start. Any help/assistance appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Arawak

    Arawak, Sep 17, 2006

  2. Arawak enlightened us 24hoursupport.helpdesk-(ab)users with:

    > Forte's AGENT newsreader....v3.x very very SLOW:
    >
    > I run a version 2.0 and a version 3.1 concurrently and noticed that
    > 2.0 zips right along with binaries while v3.x will take 15mins to 30
    > mins just downloading a binary part of 32560 Kb.

    If you use them concurrently downloading, they must share the same
    bandwidth. We don't know yours, and how it will be distributed upon
    your client programs isn't really determined.

    Walter Mautner, Sep 17, 2006

  3. Arawak

    Arawak Guest

    On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 10:10:52 +0200, Walter Mautner
    <> wrote:

    >Arawak enlightened us 24hoursupport.helpdesk-(ab)users with:
    >
    >> Forte's AGENT newsreader....v3.x very very SLOW:
    >>
    >> I run a version 2.0 and a version 3.1 concurrently and noticed that
    >> 2.0 zips right along with binaries while v3.x will take 15mins to 30
    >> mins just downloading a binary part of 32560 Kb.

    >If you use them concurrently downloading, they must share the same
    >bandwidth. We don't know yours, and how it will be distributed upon
    >your client programs isn't really determined.

    Not sure what you mean. If I am using them on the same computer,
    aren't they using the same bandwith? How do I find out the info you
    are asking for?
    I have used them at the same time and separately with the result
    mentioned.

    Arawak, Sep 20, 2006