    it using jumpers or grounding points on the board the cmos chip is a
    DALLAS DS1587. I looked on the net for this chip to reset it with no luck.
    If any one could help me I would be greatfull.

    boogle, Apr 30, 2005

  2. boogle

    Guest

    On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 19:17:54 GMT, boogle <> wrote:

    |>hey all I have a computer with a bios password and there is no way to reset
    |>it using jumpers or grounding points on the board the cmos chip is a
    |>DALLAS DS1587. I looked on the net for this chip to reset it with no luck.
    |>If any one could help me I would be greatfull.

    There's always shorting it out:
    http://www.elfqrin.com/docs/biospw.html

    could help you out as well.

    --

    , Apr 30, 2005

  3. boogle

    boogle Guest

    wrote in news:skq7711phtr2skl9hn73417t1biq8vts3n@
    4ax.com:

    > http://www.elfqrin.com/docs/biospw.html

    been to this website and tried what it said with no luck even tried the
    default passwords

    boogle, Apr 30, 2005
  4. boogle

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Use this http://www.cgsecurity.org/index.html?cmospwd.html

    pcbutts1, Apr 30, 2005
  5. boogle

    boogle Guest

    boogle, Apr 30, 2005
  6. boogle

    pcbutts1 Guest

    You need to copy it to a floppy and run it from there, the dos version.

    pcbutts1, Apr 30, 2005
  7. boogle

    pcbutts1 Guest

    1) Identify your BIOS manufacturer (usually displayed at boot-up)

    2) Start in DOS, or start a DOS session in Windows 95/98/ME.
    For Windows NT or Windows 2000 boot from a DOS or Windows 95/98 boot
    disk (you can find boot disks at www.AnswersThatWork.com), and run
    CMOSPWD from your boot floppy (or another floppy).

    3) C: [Enter]
    cd \CMOSPWD [Enter]

    4) Type CMOSPWD at the DOS prompt and press Enter.

    5) CMOSPWD will display a list of possibilities. Use the possibilities
    itemised against your BIOS manufacturer.
    Remember :

    a) For AWARD BIOSes, use the Numeric Keypad (with NumLock ON).
    b) AWARD 4.50PG BIOS always accepts "AWARD_SW", or "d8on",
    or "589589".
    c) Old Phoenix BIOSes will accept "phoenix".

    6) If the standard method does not work, then try to kill
    the CMOS password with CMOSPWD /K (and press Enter),
    and then see if you can get into the CMOS without a password.
    If you can, you successfully "killed" the old CMOS password.
    DO NOT KILL THE CMOS ON LAPTOPS!

    |General Usage (List of commands) |

    cmospwd [/d]
    cmospwd [/d] /[rlw] cmos_backup_file restore/load/write
    cmospwd /k kill cmos
    cmospwd /m[01]* execute selected module

    /d to dump cmos in ascii and scan code
    /m0010011 to execute module 3,6 and 7

    Keyboard:
    /kfr French AZERTY
    /kde German QWERTY
    default is US QWERTY

    |Laptops |

    On laptops, the password is usually stored in an eeprom on the motherboard,
    you need an eeprom programmer (electronic device) to retrieve it.

    Acer 630: eeprom 93c56 ?
    Compaq M700: eeprom 24C02
    Dell Inspirion 7500: eeprom 24c164
    Dell Inspirion 8100: eeprom 24c02
    Dell Latitude C600: eeprom 24c02, password in scan code at 0x00, 0x10 and
    0x90
    Dell Latitude C610: eeprom 24c02, password in scan code at 0x00, 0x10, 0x80
    and 0x90
    Dell Latitude CPI: eeprom 24c02, password in scan code at 0x00, 0x10, 0x80
    IBM Thinkpad X20: eeprom 24RFC08CN, password in scan code at 0x338
    IBM TP 240: eeprom ?, password in scan code at 0x338.
    IBM TP 380Z: eeprom 24c01, password in scan code at 0x38 and 0x40
    IBM TP 390: eeprom 24c03 (be carrefull, there are two eeprom)
    IBM TP 560X: eeprom 24c01, password in scan code at 0x38 and 0x40
    IBM TP 570: eeprom ?, password in scan code at 0x338 and 0x3B8.
    IBM TP 750C,755CX,760C,765D: eeprom 93c46, password in scan code at 0x38 and
    0x40
    OKI M811b may be written on the chip. Search near pcmcia slot or
    adjacent the floppy connector on the top side of the board
    IBM TP 770: eeprom 24c01
    IBM TP 600E, T21, T23: 14 PIN 24RF08
    IBM TP T20: 24RF08, password in scan code at 0x338 and 0x3B8
    HP Omnibook 900,2100,4150,7150: eeprom AT24c164, 0x6D-0x7F area, unknow algo
    put a 00 at 0x7F to clear admin password
    HP Omnibook 6000: eeprom 24c08 or 24c164 0x50-0xBF area
    (maybe 0x50-0x6F only), unknow algo
    HP Omnibook 6100: eeprom 24c08
    HP Omnibook XE3: eeprom 24c16
    HP Omnibook 770x: eeprom 24c01
    HP Pavilion ze4455ea: eeprom 24c08
    HP VECTRA VL18:
    http://h200001.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/lpv06673/lpv06673.pdf
    Sony pcg-fx950: eeprom 93c46 ?
    Toshiba 74600C: eeprom 93c56
    VAIO 641: eeprom 24c02, Cmospwd can decrypt the password, otherwise
    write zero at 0x0
    be carrefull, there are two eeprom you must unsolder one to the pci
    controler it is in the down side of the bord

    VAIO 8851
    eeprom 24c02 (ic 903), Cmospwd can decrypt the password, otherwise
    write zero at adress 0x0
    the down side of the board

    VAIO srx 87: eeprom 2408, Cmospwd can decrypt the password, otherwise
    write zero at 0x0
    the ic is behind the modem in the top side of the board

    You can get/buy eeprom programmer in electronic shops or labs, you need
    another PC to use it.
    You can desolder the eeprom with hot air or you can try to "clip" the
    eeprom. With the eeprom programmer, backup your eeprom and run
    "cmospwd /d /l eeprom_backup". If you don't see the password, you can try
    to fill the eeprom with zero or FF, don't forget the reset the cmos.

    |Toshiba |
    Differents passwords give the same 32-bit CRC, so CmosPwd can only give one
    of them.
    To reset the password of an old Toshiba, you can use KeyDisk. (cf my web
    page)
    If this doesn't work, you can try to build the Toshiba Parallell loopback.
    To make a simple device that you connect to your parallell port, a lot of
    Toshiba computers remove the password when you boot it up.
    The device, named "loopback" by some, could be made out of any
    parallell wire with 25pins connectors (db25). You should connect
    these pins: 1-5-10, 2-11, 3-17, 4-12, 6-16, 7-13, 8-14, 9-15, 18-25.

    A db25 looks like:
    1 13
    _______
    \_____/
    14 25

    pcbutts1, Apr 30, 2005
  8. boogle

    boogle Guest

    boogle <> wrote in

    > hey all I have a computer with a bios password and there is no way to
    > reset it using jumpers or grounding points on the board the cmos chip
    > is a DALLAS DS1587. I looked on the net for this chip to reset it with
    > no luck. If any one could help me I would be greatfull.

    name on front of system is Data General AViiON
    this is the mainboard for the system
    ZDS ATX AT Motherboard 181571 part# pba 637919-052
    Bios chip is a DALLAS DS1587 (not on any of the pages i have looked at to
    date)

    im sure someone out there have played with this server befor and either
    has a manual or knows how to reset the bios on it
    grounding out the bios pins dont seem to work.

    boogle, Apr 30, 2005
  9. boogle

    Ben Myers Guest

    Please repost with more information, including the make and model of the
    problem computer and any information on the motherboard.

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Apr 30, 2005
  10. boogle

    boogle Guest

    "pcbutts1" <> wrote in

> [...]
    > "cmospwd /d /l eeprom_backup". If you don't see the password, you can
    > try to fill the eeprom with zero or FF, don't forget the reset the
    > cmos.

    >|Toshiba |
    > Differents passwords give the same 32-bit CRC, so CmosPwd can only
    > give one of them.
    > To reset the password of an old Toshiba, you can use KeyDisk. (cf my
    > web page)
    > If this doesn't work, you can try to build the Toshiba Parallell
    > loopback. To make a simple device that you connect to your parallell
    > port, a lot of Toshiba computers remove the password when you boot it
    > up. The device, named "loopback" by some, could be made out of any
    > parallell wire with 25pins connectors (db25). You should connect
    > these pins: 1-5-10, 2-11, 3-17, 4-12, 6-16, 7-13, 8-14, 9-15, 18-25.

    ok once again the system does not boot for there is a password it asks
    for befor it even starts.
    2nd jumping the bios chip does not work tried it many times
    there has to be somthing on the main board or some sort of disk needed is
    all i can see to fix this problem

    hmmm you think maybe a large hammer might get it to boot or a stick of
    T'N'T

    >:)

    any ways i do thank you all for helping me with this its just this thing
    is going to drive me mad here soon
    I want this thing up and running so i can use it :(

    boogle, Apr 30, 2005
  11. boogle

    riddick Guest

    "boogle" <> wrote in message
    > hey all I have a computer with a bios password and there is no way to
    > reset
    > it using jumpers or grounding points on the board the cmos chip is a
    > DALLAS DS1587. I looked on the net for this chip to reset it with no luck.
    > If any one could help me I would be greatfull.

    Unplug the pc and then remove the battery from the motherboard; wait a few
    seconds and then reinstall the battery. CMOS will be cleared.

    --
    riddick

    riddick, Apr 30, 2005
  12. boogle

    Larry Crites Guest

    You are needing help with the POWER ON (or BOOT) password, not the BIOS
    password. I have a Compaq at work that when you power it on, the first thing
    it does is ask for a password. Then, during the POST, if you press F10 for
    setup, it asks for another password.

    Larry
    Behold Beware Believe

    Larry Crites, Apr 30, 2005
  13. boogle

    pcbutts1 Guest

    What about removing the battery, you may need to leave the battery out for
    several hours before reinstalling it.

    pcbutts1, Apr 30, 2005
  14. boogle

    WormWood Guest

    "boogle" <> wrote in message
    > hey all I have a computer with a bios password and there is no way to
    > reset
    > it using jumpers or grounding points on the board the cmos chip is a
    > DALLAS DS1587. I looked on the net for this chip to reset it with no
    > luck.
    > If any one could help me I would be greatfull.

    Not being able to boot up, I don't suppose you know the OS? Read through
    some of this, it may help with the password problem. Good luck.
    http://labmice.techtarget.com/articles/BIOS_hack.htm

    WormWood, May 1, 2005
  15. boogle

    Guest

    On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 20:46:37 GMT, boogle <> wrote:

    |> wrote in news:skq7711phtr2skl9hn73417t1biq8vts3n@
    |>4ax.com:
    |>
    |>> http://www.elfqrin.com/docs/biospw.html

    |>been to this website and tried what it said with no luck even tried the
    |>default passwords

    Last ditch attempt then,

    Ground some aluminum foil (wrap it around a water pipe) then set the
    chip on it (pins all touching the foil) that'll discharge it.

    --

    , May 1, 2005
  16. boogle

    boogle Guest

    "pcbutts1" <> wrote in

    > What about removing the battery, you may need to leave the battery out
    > for several hours before reinstalling it.

    ok on this system there is no battery its part of the cmos chip from what
    i have been reading

    no way to find out what the os is seeing that as soon as it finishes its
    little memory count and pre spins the scsi drives it asks for a password
    and cant get into bios for it is also password protected

    there is no reset jumpers on the bord nore is there any grounding spots
    on the board that can be seen

    i have tried pulling the cmos and doing the grounding out the pins on the
    cmos chip with no luck so i am thinking there has to be a disk or some
    other way to remove\reset the passwords

    this is not a pc main board it is a server main board that you have to
    plugin your CPU cards and memory cards for there are no CPUs or memory
    spots on the main board itself
    as said in an a couple of posts back its a Data General AViiON system
    with a ZDS ATX AT Motherboard 181571 part# pba 637919-052
    and a bois chip of DALLAS DS1587
    i would just change the main board in it to a P2/P3 or what ever i can
    find but that would mean that the power suply and alot of other things
    will not work seeing the power suply and the way the scsi drives plug
    into the case can not be adaped to the new main board so I'm kinda stuck
    with this stuped main board and need to get this password thing figured
    out :(
    but lighter sides of things it looks kinda cool and sounds like a jet
    plane when all fired up with all 7 scsi drives and 4 6 inch fans all
    running

    ok I'll stop running off here and thanks again for all your help guys

    oh ya heys Edsters :p LOL (10-4 good buddy) LOL hahaha

    boogle, May 1, 2005
  17. boogle

    SpyerPWD

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    ibm ThinkPad Password remover EEPROM or BIOS

    Here goes a website that might help you with the passwords: www.passwordmethod.com

    SpyerPWD, Nov 5, 2006
  18. boogle

    conradodav

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2009
    Messages:
    4
    If you need support to unlock laptop bios password feel free to leave a line to conradodav at hotmail dot com or visit laptoprebirth dot com
    all brands and models supported

    conradodav, Mar 3, 2009
  19. boogle

    AndrewCarson

    Joined:
    Nov 11, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    bios problem on an omnibook 2100 hash code 11729
    not stolen
    know the owner
    hand me down long since forgotten password and tried every one of them.
    HP want money and a whole lotte hassle to fix and old dumpy laptop so ~i asking for help elsewhere that might be quicker

    thanks in advance

    AndrewCarson, Nov 11, 2009