    When I sent it to a computer shop, I was told that the motherboard of my
    computer has been infected by a virus and it need a complete reprogramming.

    Could some one offer any help?

    Vic, Sep 1, 2008

  2. If you have a virus on your computer I recommend that you download some
    antivirus software from this location:

    http://free.avg.com/ww.download?prd=afe

    the anti-virus software is free and is very effective. After install, run an
    update, then disconnect your computer from the internet and run a complete
    virus scan on all drives in your computer. Restart your computer and run
    another scan and cleanup any new viruses that you may find.

    Joseph Butler, Sep 2, 2008

  3. If you have a virus on your computer I recommend that you download some

    Joseph Butler, Sep 2, 2008
  4. Vic

    TBone Guest

    And on the eigth day <>
    did cause the electrons to come together and form the following words:

    > When I sent it to a computer shop, I was told that the motherboard of
    > my computer has been infected by a virus and it need a complete
    > reprogramming.
    >
    > Could some one offer any help?

    Yes, stay far away from any computer shop that would try and sell you on
    such bunk. Its impossible for your motherboard to be infected by a
    virus.

    Your hard drive on the other hand, might be possible. AVG is good as
    someone suggested, or buy some anti-virus software at a store, because
    there are too many rip-offs online to try and find one without some
    recommendations. Even if it isn't a virus cuasing the problem, you
    shouldn't be running your computer on the internet without anti-virus
    software anyway.

    -------

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    TBone, Sep 2, 2008
  5. Vic

    TBone, Sep 2, 2008
  6. Vic

    John R Guest

    "Vic" <> wrote in message
    >I need help to solve this annoying problem.
    >
    > I used to be able to open 'Local Disk (C:)' in 'My Computer' by doubling
    > clicking my mouse on the icon of 'Local Disk (C:)' which will bring me to
    > the
    > location of the files in that location.
    >
    > Unfortunately it does not work now but instead it will open the 'Search
    > Result'. I have to right click my mouse and point to 'Open' to open
    > 'Local
    > Disk (C:)'. When I right click the mouse, the first item that appear in
    > the
    > drop down list is 'Search...' followed by 'Open' and 'Explore' and others.
    >
    > When I sent it to a computer shop, I was told that the motherboard of my
    > computer has been infected by a virus and it need a complete
    > reprogramming.
    >
    > Could some one offer any help?

    Not that this question even deserves an answer here, maybe in
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.something, but have you tried using a different
    mouse? Or, maybe even deleting the existing mouse device and let windows
    re-detect it? Or, go into mouse properties in control panel and see what
    your button is assigned to?

    And, it would be a far stretch to believe that a virus downloaded your bios
    code, modified it, and then flashed the bios to upload it again. I agree
    that I probably wouldn't go there again, for anything.

    John R

    John R, Sep 2, 2008
  7. Vic

    John R Guest