    thx
    bob
    , Jan 31, 2006

  2. www.BradReese.Com, Feb 1, 2006

  3. Guest

    Hi Brad
    Thanks for the tip, after hours of wading through the vonage forum, I
    still am no nearer an answer. Ha.
    It seems that it is not possible to unlock them.

    Its a pity as i have a qty that need unlocking. There must be a gifted
    engineer out there that can answer my call.I would gladly offer a
    reward for the missing information.
    thx
    bob
    , Feb 1, 2006
  4. Bob,

    To recover a lost Cisco Analog Telephone Adaptor (ATA) 186 password,
    reset the whole configuration.

    There are two codes to reset the Cisco ATA 186, depending on the
    software version:

    For software versions earlier than 2.xx, use code 444.

    For software versions 2.xx and later, use code 322873738 (FACTRESET).

    Note: If the ATA does not reset to the factory default settings, make
    sure you have turned off the use of the TFTP server for provisioning.
    If you use a TFTP server for provisioning, follow all these steps to
    reset the Cisco ATA 186 to the factory default settings. If you do not
    use a TFTP server for provisioning, only follow steps 2 through 5 to
    reset the Cisco ATA 186 to the factory default settings.

    Perform these steps:

    Unplug the Ethernet cable.

    Pick up the telephone handset.

    Press the Function button on top of the ATA.

    Enter 322873738#* for release 2.xx or 444#* for other releases.

    Hang-up.

    Pick up the telephone handset.

    Press the Function button on top of the ATA.

    To disable the use of TFTP, enter 305#.

    When prompted to enter a value, enter 0#.

    When prompted with the option to save, enter 3.

    Hang-up.

    Reconnect the Ethernet cable.

    http://129.41.16.73/voice/showcase?case=K29727621

    Found at Cisco TAC Contacts Worldwide: