help needed to transfer cd track via email

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Chumley, Feb 26, 2008.

  1. Chumley

    Chumley Guest

    Chumley, Feb 26, 2008

  2. Chumley

    Mike Easter Guest

    wrote:

    > I want to send a track of a music cd to a friend via email taken from
    > a cd,

    Your OS is win. What is your ripper? CD player? What is your intended
    target for hir to use to play the track? Is the CD copy protected?

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Feb 26, 2008

  3. Chumley

    Guest Guest

    I want to send a track of a music cd to a friend via email taken from a cd,
    but nothing I can do seems to let me send more than a 44 bit track info.. I
    really would appreciate any help on this..Already have tried drag/drop
    file....send to...etc..nothing seems to work for me..Help please? thanks
    Guest, Feb 26, 2008
  4. Chumley

    Mike Easter Guest

    dukej wrote:
    > I used Nero to rip to another cd

    CD copying isn't ripping. Ripping is 'digital audio extracting'.
    Search on audio CD rippers. The idea is to rip the CD content to hdd,
    then you can do whatever you want to with the individual tracks. If
    your friend can handle mp3, that is a convenient and efficient format.

    If you don't like the fact that this is all against the law, tell your
    congressperson.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD_ripper A CD ripper, CD grabber or CD
    extractor is a piece of software designed to extract raw digital audio
    (in format commonly called CDDA) from a compact disc to a file or other
    output. - Front-ends (or all-in-one programs) - Windows - The encoded
    files are more compact and are suitable for playback on digital audio
    players.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Feb 26, 2008
  5. Chumley

    Mike Easter Guest

    Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 09:27:53 -0800

    Courtesy voluntary clock police report:

    Your system clock is set wrong, almost 3 hours into the future. Besides
    setting your localtime correctly, you need to set your timezone offset
    correctly.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Feb 26, 2008
  6. Chumley

    Mike Easter Guest

    Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 10:09:19 -0800

    > Hi Mike, thanks for the additional info..will try it...also, Thanks
    > for the "heads up" on the time thing, however, we are in central time
    > and my computer shows the correct time for here..I don't have a clue
    > what the "timezone offset" you are referring to? Inform me please?

    You are currently posting to a supernews server which doesn't provide
    your headers with a NPD nntp-posting-date header; whereas previously
    you were posting to a teranews server which does stamp the NPD, so that
    your Date value can be compared with the NPD line.

    The point is that when you set your computer clock you should not only
    set the local hour:min value correctly, but you should also set your
    local timezone correctly.

    Where 'central time' in the US is currently CST or -0600 offset from UTC
    or 6 timezone hours west of the Greenwich meridian, your Date line which
    reflects your system clock's time is showing a -0800 offset, which is
    PST. Currently PST localtime is just a tad after 8 am, not a tad after
    10 am, which your Date line shows.

    On Windows XP you can access the timezone setting by clicking up the
    clock/calendar and going to the timezone tab, or you can get at it from
    the CP controlpanel time/date gizmo timezone tab.

    Incidentally I much prefer that people not use the teranews server for
    posting to textgroups because of the teranews ad trailer; I recommend
    that teranews only be used for uploading or downloading binaries.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Feb 26, 2008
  7. Chumley

    Mara Guest

    On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 10:09:19 -0800, <> wrote:

    >Hi Mike, thanks for the additional info..will try it...also, Thanks for the
    >"heads up" on the time thing, however, we are in central time and my
    >computer shows the correct time for here..I don't have a clue what the
    >"timezone offset" you are referring to? Inform me please? thanks again for
    >your help. Duke

    Right-click on the date in your system tray, choose "adjust date/time," and make
    sure that your timezone is set to Central time - and that your time is right.
    I'm in Central time too, but you show as posting at 12:09, and it's only 11:25am
    here.

    --
    Q. Does Usenet help stamp out ignorance?
    A. That depends on whether by `stamp out' you mean `eliminate'
    Mara, Feb 26, 2008
  8. Chumley

    dukej Guest

    My os is WinXP Pro; I used Nero to rip to another cd, then tried both the
    original cd and the ripped one, but when I open it shows only 44kb for the
    track. As to the copy protection, it copied without any problems using "copy
    disc" in Nero..I tried send email from a win drop down, and it shows the
    track, but only loads the 44 kb file, not the actual music file...sure don't
    understand the problem...and I cant drag/drop anything but the said 44kb
    file mentioned..Duke

    Guest, Feb 26, 2008
  10. Chumley

    Badger Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I want to send a track of a music cd to a friend via email taken from a cd,
    >but nothing I can do seems to let me send more than a 44 bit track info.. I
    >really would appreciate any help on this..Already have tried drag/drop
    >file....send to...etc..nothing seems to work for me..Help please? thanks

    I assume the track is present on your computer as a .cda file. You need to
    convert it to an .mp3 file before you can send it as an attachment. Windows
    Media Player will do this for you.
    Badger
    Badger, Feb 27, 2008
  11. Chumley

    Ragz Guest

    it may be your your antivirus, some only like sending compressed files so
    compress it with winrar and you shouldn't have a problem.

    Ragz, Feb 27, 2008
  12. Chumley

    ProfGene Guest

    wrote:
    > I want to send a track of a music cd to a friend via email taken from a cd,
    > but nothing I can do seems to let me send more than a 44 bit track info.. I
    > really would appreciate any help on this..Already have tried drag/drop
    > file....send to...etc..nothing seems to work for me..Help please? thanks

    Get Pando which allows you to send up to 100 megs of anything. It is a
    free program.
    ProfGene, Apr 12, 2008