Help needed to configure Nokia Ni500 ADSL router

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Alan Howard, Oct 31, 2003.

  1. Alan Howard

    Alan Howard Guest

    Hello,

    I just bought one of these off Trade Me and have just run through the
    command line config process. Although both the ADSL connection and PPP
    session come up the interface still appears 'disabled'.

    There's a setup CD mentioned in the box but I didn't receive. In the hope
    that it might make the config a bit easier is anyone able to cut me a copy
    of the disk, email me the contents or whack it up on a server for me to
    download?

    It's a black case (not the earlier version blue one) Ni500 if that makes any
    difference.

    Many thanks,

    Alan

    Alan Howard, Oct 31, 2003

  2. Alan Howard wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I just bought one of these off Trade Me and have just run through the
    > command line config process. Although both the ADSL connection and PPP
    > session come up the interface still appears 'disabled'.
    >
    > There's a setup CD mentioned in the box but I didn't receive. In the
    > hope that it might make the config a bit easier is anyone able to cut
    > me a copy of the disk, email me the contents or whack it up on a
    > server for me to download?
    >
    > It's a black case (not the earlier version blue one) Ni500 if that
    > makes any difference.
    >
    > Many thanks,
    >
    > Alan

    why don't you download the right driver for it?
    top of the list on google = http://dsl.nokia.co.nz/ni500/driver.htm

    Russell

    Russell Smithies, Oct 31, 2003

  3. Alan Howard

    Alan Howard Guest

    Thanks Russell, I think that might be the software on the CD mentioned.

    Alan

    Alan Howard, Nov 1, 2003
  4. Alan Howard wrote:
    > Thanks Russell, I think that might be the software on the CD
    > mentioned.
    >
    > Alan
    >
    > "Russell Smithies" <> wrote in
    > message news:HnCob.4069$...
    >> Alan Howard wrote:
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> I just bought one of these off Trade Me and have just run through
    >>> the command line config process. Although both the ADSL connection
    >>> and PPP session come up the interface still appears 'disabled'.
    >>>
    >>> There's a setup CD mentioned in the box but I didn't receive. In the
    >>> hope that it might make the config a bit easier is anyone able to
    >>> cut me a copy of the disk, email me the contents or whack it up on a
    >>> server for me to download?
    >>>
    >>> It's a black case (not the earlier version blue one) Ni500 if that
    >>> makes any difference.
    >>>
    >>> Many thanks,
    >>>
    >>> Alan

    >> why don't you download the right driver for it?
    >> top of the list on google = http://dsl.nokia.co.nz/ni500/driver.htm
    >>
    >> Russell

    I bought ni200 a while back and had to download drivers for it from this
    site so already knew about it :)
    Only problem I had is that the drivers won't install (at first) if using XP.
    Solution was to install it using Win2K compatibility mode.

    Russell

    Russell Smithies, Nov 1, 2003
  5. Alan Howard

    Alan Howard Guest

    > I bought ni200 a while back and had to download drivers for it from this
    > site so already knew about it :)
    > Only problem I had is that the drivers won't install (at first) if using

    XP.
    > Solution was to install it using Win2K compatibility mode.

    Thanks for that last comment Russell, - I had the same problem. The problem
    I'm having now is that the ppp interface is staying DISABLED even though the
    ADSL connection and PPP session are coming up (verified by the procedure in
    the troubleshooting section). Any ideas?

    (For testing, I'm trying to use the same set of login creds as my office
    router, a 3Com 812. Although I only have one router plugged in at a time I'm
    wondering if the creds are somehow being cached against my 3Com router's
    static IP or MAC address and this is causing the ISP to refuse to assign an
    IP to the Ni500).

    Alan Howard, Nov 2, 2003