    am well versed in socket programming, so what I need more other than
    this.

    Waiting for a positive response.
    Rajat, Oct 19, 2004

  2. Rajat

    Pepperoni Guest

    If you want PC to PC VOIP, the software is freely available from numerous
    sources. The basic program is peer to peer over the internet. (and is free)
    access to calling to a wired phone incurs a fee (usually pre-paid by the
    minute)
    http://sipphone.com/basics/
    (has a good basic description)

    http://www.glophone.com/homepage
    I use this one, free peer-to-peer
    The "Bluephone" is free, sound excellent
    prepaid plans for calling wired phones

    Skype is popular
    http://www.skype.com/

    There are also hardware solutions for use without computer support.

    I am a casual user. There are dozens of free software voip solutions
    available-- I have only tried a few.

    Pepperoni
    glophone 734-531-0160-2657
    ICQ 10354864

    Pepperoni, Oct 19, 2004

  3. Rajat

    Pepperoni Guest

    I gave a confusing URL for the free Bluephone, try here;
    http://www.glophone.com/plans

    Pepperoni, Oct 19, 2004