    going to try to put it in manually.

    Can somebody help me please.

    Cheers, Kooky
    Kookaburra, Nov 17, 2003

  2. Kookaburra

    rob Guest

    "Kookaburra" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Unskilled operator here.
    >
    > Is there a way of highlighting selected text using a touch pad?
    >
    > I want to copy & paste the serial number for Mailwasher into a laptop
    > which hasn't got a mouse at present. People who have registered
    > Mailwasher will know how huge the key is so there is no way I'm even
    > going to try to put it in manually.
    >
    > Can somebody help me please.
    >

    > Cheers, Kooky

    not sure if I understand correctly but...
    double click (tap the touchpad) the text ?
    click and drag finger on touchpad?
    that's assuming the touchpad is enabled
    rgds
    rob
    rob, Nov 17, 2003

  3. Kookaburra

    Kookaburra Guest

    On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 10:46:05 +1300, "rob" <> wrote:

    >not sure if I understand correctly but...
    >double click (tap the touchpad) the text ?
    >click and drag finger on touchpad?
    >that's assuming the touchpad is enabled
    >rgds
    >rob

    Brilliant!! Thank you so much Rob. :eek:))

    Cheers, Kooky
    Kookaburra, Nov 17, 2003
  4. Kookaburra

    Nelly Guest

    On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:46:06 +1300, Kookaburra
    <> wrote:

    >Unskilled operator here.
    >
    > Is there a way of highlighting selected text using a touch pad?
    >
    >I want to copy & paste the serial number for Mailwasher into a laptop
    >which hasn't got a mouse at present. People who have registered
    >Mailwasher will know how huge the key is so there is no way I'm even
    >going to try to put it in manually.
    >
    >Can somebody help me please.
    >

    >Cheers, Kooky

    Under the mouse properties have a look at the 'Tapping' key and 'Drag
    lock' settings. I haven't tried it myself but am guessing that could
    be it. Otherwise 'Orientation' I don't really know what that does
    though.

    Nelly.
    If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours :)
    Nelly, Nov 17, 2003
  5. Kookaburra

    > On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 10:46:05 +1300, "rob" <> wrote:
    >

    > >not sure if I understand correctly but...
    > >double click (tap the touchpad) the text ?
    > >click and drag finger on touchpad?
    > >that's assuming the touchpad is enabled
    > >rgds
    > >rob
    > >

    > Brilliant!! Thank you so much Rob. :eek:))
    >

    > Cheers, Kooky

    no problem
    nice to be able to give a bit back to the group
    rob, Nov 17, 2003
  6. Kookaburra

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Kookaburra <> wrote in

    > Unskilled operator here.
    >
    > Is there a way of highlighting selected text using a touch pad?
    >
    > I want to copy & paste the serial number for Mailwasher into a laptop
    > which hasn't got a mouse at present. People who have registered
    > Mailwasher will know how huge the key is so there is no way I'm even
    > going to try to put it in manually.
    >
    > Can somebody help me please.
    >

    > Cheers, Kooky

    Use Shift and cursor to highlight.
    Use control C to copy.
    Use control V to paste.
    Dave Taylor, Nov 17, 2003
  7. Kookaburra

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Unskilled operator here.
    >
    > Is there a way of highlighting selected text using a touch pad?
    >
    > I want to copy & paste the serial number for Mailwasher into a laptop
    > which hasn't got a mouse at present. People who have registered
    > Mailwasher will know how huge the key is so there is no way I'm even
    > going to try to put it in manually.
    >
    > Can somebody help me please.

    Drag, isn't it that intuitive?

    Or press Ctrl A Ctrl C, or Shift right arrow

    Check your touchpad documentation, they often have different ways of
    doing things, like maybe a tap and drag will do the same thing.
    Mainlander, Nov 17, 2003
  8. Kookaburra wrote:
    > Unskilled operator here.
    >
    > Is there a way of highlighting selected text using a touch pad?
    >
    > I want to copy & paste the serial number for Mailwasher into a laptop
    > which hasn't got a mouse at present. People who have registered
    > Mailwasher will know how huge the key is so there is no way I'm even
    > going to try to put it in manually.
    >
    > Can somebody help me please.

    You can click at the start of the text, then hold down the left mouse button
    provided, drag your finger across, then let go of the button.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock
    Nicholas Sherlock, Nov 17, 2003
  9. Kookaburra

    Kookaburra Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Unskilled operator here.

    Thanks everyone I got it sussed after Rob's instructions.

    Cheers, Kooky
    Kookaburra, Nov 18, 2003