    do this. (pity party). When I remember that it's just a load of noughts and
    ones I do feel better.
    Joy

    Joy, Oct 10, 2003

  2. Hm, we really can't help unless you tell us some basic information, like
    what kind of operating system (Windows 98?) and hardware is involved
    (brand name/type)

    Thus spake Joy:

    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    For every expert, there is an equal and

    Aaron Lawrence, Oct 10, 2003

  3. Joy

    Joy Guest

    "Aaron Lawrence" <> wrote in message
    > Hm, we really can't help unless you tell us some basic information, like
    > what kind of operating system (Windows 98?) and hardware is involved
    > (brand name/type)

    Thanks for replying Aaron, I'd had enough stress so this morning went out
    and bought XP. The problem was that the motherboard was fairly new and the
    Windows98se CD didn't have the right drivers and for some reason the
    motherboard disc of the older replaced motherboard didn't have them either.
    These should have been saved before formatting I guess, diddums. Sad to see
    win98 go. The XP install went without a hitch.
    Joy

    Joy, Oct 11, 2003
  4. Joy wrote:
    > These fixes won't fit on a floppy.

    Just span it over multiple floppies with WinZip.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Oct 11, 2003