Help needed on a Harddrive !!

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Loupole, Nov 11, 2004.

  1. Loupole

    Loupole Guest

    I have a Abit Max 3 motherboard and I have just purchased 2x200GB Seagate
    harddrives....Please tell me what I am doing wrong I have installed them and
    have had no end but trouble with them both....I can't copy any files without
    it frezzing my machine...What do I need or have to do to make them work...
    I have done a BIOS update and drives too and still no go...
    They are connected to my Sillicon Chip on my motherboard....It should be
    easy plug n play....

    Please HELP anyone !!!!!

    Loupole
     
    Loupole, Nov 11, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Loupole

    # Guest

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:12:07 +1300, Loupole wrote:

    > I have a Abit Max 3 motherboard and I have just purchased 2x200GB Seagate
    > harddrives....Please tell me what I am doing wrong I have installed them and
    > have had no end but trouble with them both....I can't copy any files without
    > it frezzing my machine...


    Is your computer overclocked?
     
    #, Nov 11, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Loupole

    Loupole Guest

    No not at all running at 3.2ghz
    These are my specs

    3.2ghz (northwood) CPU
    Abit IC7 Max 3
    1GB 400mhz Ram
    Tyan Radeon 9600 Pro Graphics Card
    1.44 Floppy Drive
    CD Rom
    CD Writer
    DVD Rom
    DVD Writer
    I know I should have only one drive but its what I have collected over
    time...
    2x120GB Sata Seagate Harddrive
    2x200GB Sata Seagate Harddrive
    Cnet Network Card for my Server one on motherboard is for the internet...

    And to top it off have 8 fans to keep it cool ....

    After all that it could be a overload of the powersupply too...got a Slient
    420Watt power supply


    "#" <> wrote in message
    news:18zc6krehzyfm$.1nab7wytsgpew$...
    > On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:12:07 +1300, Loupole wrote:
    >
    > > I have a Abit Max 3 motherboard and I have just purchased 2x200GB

    Seagate
    > > harddrives....Please tell me what I am doing wrong I have installed them

    and
    > > have had no end but trouble with them both....I can't copy any files

    without
    > > it frezzing my machine...

    >
    > Is your computer overclocked?
     
    Loupole, Nov 11, 2004
    #3
  4. "Loupole" <> wrote in message
    news:41933762$...
    > I have a Abit Max 3 motherboard and I have just purchased 2x200GB Seagate
    > harddrives....Please tell me what I am doing wrong I have installed them

    and
    > have had no end but trouble with them both....I can't copy any files

    without
    > it frezzing my machine...What do I need or have to do to make them work...
    > I have done a BIOS update and drives too and still no go...
    > They are connected to my Sillicon Chip on my motherboard....It should be
    > easy plug n play....
    >
    > Please HELP anyone !!!!!
    >
    > Loupole
    >

    Not sure of your experience level so, have you done the obvious?.......1 set
    as master, 1 as slave and the appropriate bios cable settings?
    --
    Cheers
    Southern Kiwi
    southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com
    Word of wisdom from high in the mountains....you know...like a Guru...but
    not as old....or mystic......or wise....or high... :)
     
    Southern Kiwi, Nov 11, 2004
    #4
  5. Loupole

    colinco Guest

    In article Southern Kiwi says...
    > Not sure of your experience level so, have you done the obvious?.......1 set
    > as master, 1 as slave and the appropriate bios cable settings?
    >

    Loupole has already stated that they are SATA drives.

    Try searching the Abit forums or posting there.
    http://forum.abit-usa.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=6
     
    colinco, Nov 11, 2004
    #5
  6. Loupole

    # Guest

    On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 06:46:13 +1300, Loupole wrote:

    > CD Rom
    > CD Writer
    > DVD Rom
    > DVD Writer
    > I know I should have only one drive but its what I have collected over
    > time...
    > 2x120GB Sata Seagate Harddrive
    > 2x200GB Sata Seagate Harddrive
    > Cnet Network Card for my Server one on motherboard is for the internet...
    >
    > And to top it off have 8 fans to keep it cool ....
    >
    > After all that it could be a overload of the powersupply too...got a Slient
    > 420Watt power supply


    Had you tried unplugging (data and power) all the optical drives and one of
    the 120GB drives (preferrable), or disabling them through the device
    manager, to test operation of the 200GB drives in a less cluttered
    scenario?
     
    #, Nov 11, 2004
    #6
  7. Loupole

    macca Guest

    On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 06:46:13 +1300, "Loupole"
    <> wrote:
    > No not at all running at 3.2ghz
    > These are my specs
    >
    > 3.2ghz (northwood) CPU
    > Abit IC7 Max 3
    > 1GB 400mhz Ram
    > Tyan Radeon 9600 Pro Graphics Card
    > 1.44 Floppy Drive
    > CD Rom
    > CD Writer
    > DVD Rom
    > DVD Writer
    > I know I should have only one drive but its what I have

    collected over
    > time...
    > 2x120GB Sata Seagate Harddrive
    > 2x200GB Sata Seagate Harddrive
    > Cnet Network Card for my Server one on motherboard is for

    the internet...
    >
    > And to top it off have 8 fans to keep it cool ....
    >
    > After all that it could be a overload of the powersupply

    too...got a Slient
    > 420Watt power supply
    >

    <snip>

    Well first off I'd dump the cd, cdr, dvd, I assume that the
    dvd writer can also write cds? If not dump it also and
    invest in one that does it all. That frees a lot of stuff
    up. Format and partition your hds put them in and also
    should be okay..:>>
    M
     
    macca, Nov 13, 2004
    #7
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Huey

    Help re: small problem with 2nd harddrive

    Huey, Jun 24, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    593
    °Mike°
    Jun 24, 2003
  2. Appelonius

    Help installing a new harddrive

    Appelonius, Oct 28, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    874
    trout
    Nov 1, 2003
  3. Mr_Bill
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    935
    °Mike°
    Sep 23, 2004
  4. Lise

    Help with 2nd HardDrive

    Lise, Nov 24, 2004, in forum: Computer Information
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    380
    Mark Mandell
    Nov 25, 2004
  5. sparticle
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    1,230
Loading...

Share This Page