help needed msi rg54g3 router settings

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Zack, Aug 23, 2006.

  1. Zack

    Zack Guest

    Anybody having one of these routers, i need help setting it
    up so i can use my spare e:/ drive as a server for people
    to download files from, i couls make it work on my last
    router but this one has stumped me.

    I know it's customised configuration / advanced / virtual server
    / & dmz settings, i have tried them as in the old router but
    on this one no way will it work.

    Any help appreciated, running xp pro with sp2.

    Have got it running ok so i can use my laptop from anywhere
    within a decent range.

    zack.

    Recycle food today, eat a beef lamb or chicken burger for dinner & tea.
    I'm dreaming of a "NON-RACIST" christmas, "well what can you put in there".
    England, A land of thugs, hoodies, chav's, scumbag kids, drunks & druggies.
    How can I miss you if you won't go away
    Zack, Aug 23, 2006

  2. Zack

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 21:34:01 GMT, Zack wrote:

    >Anybody having one of these routers, i need help setting it
    >up so i can use my spare e:/ drive as a server for people
    >to download files from, i couls make it work on my last
    >router but this one has stumped me.

    The crystal ball, can't see what the old and new settings are or guess
    what the old router was either.

    You haven't said what sort of server, ftp, http, p2p or mentioned the
    application you are using.

    >I know it's customised configuration / advanced / virtual server
    > / & dmz settings, i have tried them as in the old router but
    >on this one no way will it work.

    The old and new router used the same of different IP address range? So
    you haven't used the old IP address of the PC. In any case, you should
    set the PC as the server to a static IP address. For example if the
    router is 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.50 , the PC could be the same DNS,
    gateway, domain etc. However you have to manually enter all of these
    instead of using DHCP, and you make the PC IP 192.168.0.50.

    http://www.portforward.com/
    lists,
    MSI
    RG54G2
    RG54G3
    RG54GS

    >Any help appreciated, running xp pro with sp2.

    <snip>

    Me
    why?, Aug 23, 2006