    help it.

    For what it's worth, i have an upt o date virus scan running and it didn't
    show up anything ..

    the_niner_nation, Aug 28, 2007

  2. the_niner_nation wrote:

    > Hi..my PC crashed and I tried to reboot it,disconnecting external hard
    > drives,printer etc. It does reboot, but my desktop and tool bars won't
    > show up, neither will the start menu. I keep pressing the 'windows'key but
    > nothing happens.
    >
    > I have tried to reboot in safe mode, but the same thing happens again. I
    > cannot acess any of my programs, and the screen just displays the
    > wallpaper image .
    > I am running windows Xp home edition...
    >
    > thanks for all replies..I really DON'T want to re-instal lwindows if I can
    > help it.
    >
    > For what it's worth, i have an upt o date virus scan running and it didn't
    > show up anything ..

    What happens when you try to fire task manager (3-finger salute) and
    chek "new task" and enter "explorer"?

    wisdomkiller & pain, Aug 28, 2007

  3. the_niner_nation

    Ben Myers Guest

    "the_niner_nation" <dipakREMOVE49ers@.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:46d361d4$0$16320$...
    > Hi..my PC crashed and I tried to reboot it,disconnecting external hard
    > drives,printer etc. It does reboot, but my desktop and tool bars won't show
    > up, neither will the start menu. I keep pressing the 'windows'key but
    > nothing happens.
    > I have tried to reboot in safe mode, but the same thing happens again. I
    > cannot acess any of my programs, and the screen just displays the wallpaper
    > image .
    > I am running windows Xp home edition...
    > thanks for all replies..I really DON'T want to re-instal lwindows if I can
    > help it.
    > For what it's worth, i have an upt o date virus scan running and it didn't
    > show up anything ..

    Try hitting the F8 key during bootup and selecting "Last known good
    configuration".

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Aug 28, 2007
  4. "wisdomkiller & pain" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > the_niner_nation wrote:
    >
    >> Hi..my PC crashed and I tried to reboot it,disconnecting external hard
    >> drives,printer etc. It does reboot, but my desktop and tool bars won't
    >> show up, neither will the start menu. I keep pressing the 'windows'key
    >> but
    >> nothing happens.
    >>
    >> I have tried to reboot in safe mode, but the same thing happens again. I
    >> cannot acess any of my programs, and the screen just displays the
    >> wallpaper image .
    >> I am running windows Xp home edition...
    >>
    >> thanks for all replies..I really DON'T want to re-instal lwindows if I
    >> can
    >> help it.
    >>
    >> For what it's worth, i have an upt o date virus scan running and it
    >> didn't
    >> show up anything ..
    >>

    > What happens when you try to fire task manager (3-finger salute) and
    > chek "new task" and enter "explorer"?

    I tried your suggestion..and nothing happens :-(

    it does recognise external hard drives but wont let me cut and paste files
    to them :-(

    the_niner_nation, Aug 28, 2007