Help needed - Ip connectivity 3550 problem

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by MailMan, Feb 12, 2004.

  1. MailMan

    MailMan Guest

    Hmm, anyone knows why all ip connectivity stops between two cisco 3550
    switches when adding them to a network? I am adding 2 switches to a networkm
    after going through the basic setup and assigning an ip adress to them. When
    i ad the first switch with ip 10.1.1.2/16 to the existing network and try
    to ping it from a server it responds ok. When i insert the second switch
    with ip address 10.20.1.3/16, neither the 1st or second responds by ping. If
    i unplug the 1st, then the 2nd switch starts to respon by its ipadress.

    Anyone why this is happening? I havent done anything with these switches
    beside going through the basic setup. I tried a 3rd switch with a
    10.1.1.3/16, but the same problem came. Once i add 2 cisco 3550 , they loses
    ip connectivity.
    I am trying to wiring them into an existing Netgear gsm7324 Layer2/3 GB
    switch.

    And please dont come to me with a cable issue as a solution. Im experienced,
    but not with cisco hardware.

    Regards

    Mailman

    MailMan, Feb 12, 2004

  2. MailMan

    Gary Guest

    "MailMan" <mailamn@no_spam.no> wrote in message
    > Hmm, anyone knows why all ip connectivity stops between two cisco 3550
    > switches when adding them to a network? I am adding 2 switches to a

    networkm
    > after going through the basic setup and assigning an ip adress to them.

    When
    > i ad the first switch with ip 10.1.1.2/16 to the existing network and try
    > to ping it from a server it responds ok. When i insert the second switch
    > with ip address 10.20.1.3/16, neither the 1st or second responds by ping.

    If
    > i unplug the 1st, then the 2nd switch starts to respon by its ipadress.
    >

    > Anyone why this is happening? I havent done anything with these switches
    > beside going through the basic setup. I tried a 3rd switch with a
    > 10.1.1.3/16, but the same problem came. Once i add 2 cisco 3550 , they

    loses
    > ip connectivity.
    > I am trying to wiring them into an existing Netgear gsm7324 Layer2/3 GB
    > switch.
    >
    > And please dont come to me with a cable issue as a solution. Im

    experienced,
    > but not with cisco hardware.
    >

    > Regards
    >
    > Mailman

    Any chance of seeing the config on the 3500's

    Nothing like MAC address coding conflict somewhere ?

    Sounds like some setup in the 3550's that is conflicting - Were they doing
    something together before you got them ?

    Gary, Feb 12, 2004