    local use.
    Voice Mail service

    Hope you can help me!

    Jay, Jan 23, 2007

  2. Jay

    -ip.co.uk Guest

    On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:20:41 -0000, "Jay" <> wrote:

    >Hi ,
    >I am new to voip and am looking to explore this.
    >I have selected the Siemens C460IP phone
    >http://www.home-phones.co.uk/asp/pr...ywords=C460IP&recor=1&SearchFor=any&PT_ID=all
    >
    >Want to know which service provider is best for my needs?
    >Main international call destinations are:
    >India , Philippines & USA
    >best rates I have are from 18185.com
    >
    >Looking for a VOIP provider that will be useful for international as well as
    >local use.
    >Voice Mail service
    >
    >Hope you can help me!

    www.voip.co.uk free UK calls evenings and weekends 1.17p daytime 2p a
    minute to most of Europe or www.voipfone.co.uk similar call charges
    but no free calls just keep well away from Sipgate no matter what
    anyone says .

    -ip.co.uk, Jan 23, 2007

  3. Jay

    Brian Guest

    On 2007-01-23, Jay <> wrote:

    > Hi ,
    > I am new to voip and am looking to explore this.
    > I have selected the Siemens C460IP phone
    > http://www.home-phones.co.uk/asp/pr...ywords=C460IP&recor=1&SearchFor=any&PT_ID=all
    >
    > Want to know which service provider is best for my needs?
    > Main international call destinations are:
    > India , Philippines & USA
    > best rates I have are from 18185.com
    >
    > Looking for a VOIP provider that will be useful for international as well as
    > local use.
    > Voice Mail service

    None of the voip services appear to better 18185's present rates for
    India and the Philippines. The UK and US rates are good too.

    Brian.

    Brian, Jan 24, 2007
  4. Jay

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <-ip.co.uk> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:20:41 -0000, "Jay" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > > Hi ,
    > > I am new to voip and am looking to explore this.
    > > I have selected the Siemens C460IP phone
    > > http://www.home-phones.co.uk/asp/pr...ywords=C460IP&recor=1&SearchFor=any&PT_ID=all
    > >
    > > Want to know which service provider is best for my
    > > needs?
    > > Main international call destinations are:
    > > India , Philippines & USA
    > > best rates I have are from 18185.com
    > >
    > > Looking for a VOIP provider that will be useful for
    > > international as well as local use.
    > > Voice Mail service
    > >
    > > Hope you can help me!

    > www.voip.co.uk free UK calls evenings and weekends 1.17p
    > daytime 2p a minute to most of Europe or
    > www.voipfone.co.uk similar call charges but no free calls
    > just keep well away from Sipgate no matter what anyone
    > says .

    Keep well away from anything Ron Chew says...

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jan 24, 2007
  5. On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:20:41 -0000, "Jay" <> wrote:

    >I am new to voip and am looking to explore this.
    >I have selected the Siemens C460IP phone
    >http://www.home-phones.co.uk/asp/pr...ywords=C460IP&recor=1&SearchFor=any&PT_ID=all
    >
    >Want to know which service provider is best for my needs?
    >Main international call destinations are:
    >India , Philippines & USA
    >best rates I have are from 18185.com

    Change your broadband provider to Orange. They supply the box, and a
    VOIP account is included. Free calls to all UK landlines and overseas
    numbers. You don't need a special expensive phone - just plug any
    standard phone, or the base station of a cordless phone, into the box.
    If you also have a mobile phone contract with them, it's even cheaper.

    Rod.

    Roderick Stewart, Jan 24, 2007
  6. Jay

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 09:33:37 +0000, Roderick Stewart
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:20:41 -0000, "Jay" <> wrote:
    >
    >>I am new to voip and am looking to explore this.
    >>I have selected the Siemens C460IP phone
    >>http://www.home-phones.co.uk/asp/pr...ywords=C460IP&recor=1&SearchFor=any&PT_ID=all
    >>
    >>Want to know which service provider is best for my needs?
    >>Main international call destinations are:
    >>India , Philippines & USA
    >>best rates I have are from 18185.com

    >Change your broadband provider to Orange. They supply the box, and a
    >VOIP account is included. Free calls to all UK landlines and overseas
    >numbers. You don't need a special expensive phone - just plug any
    >standard phone, or the base station of a cordless phone, into the box.
    >If you also have a mobile phone contract with them, it's even cheaper.
    >
    >Rod.

    Orange free calls DO NOT include calls to India - the rate is a
    whopping 25p/min and 40p/min to mobiles. Inclusive calls do include
    do include calls to Philippines and USA.
    There are literally HUNDREDS of SIP voip providers. Check out the list
    on the sipbroker.com site.
    I would look at the providers in the region you are trying to call.
    I checked just one well known Australian provider - pennytel.com.
    As converted from AU$ :-
    India 4p/min (same as 18185 but no connection fee of course)
    Philippines 6p/min (18185 is 7p/min)
    It is likely that you will find cheaper if you look around.
    This is why it is good to have an ATA that will permit the use of
    several providers. If yours does not then you can utilise Voxalot to
    facilitate that.
    For the US, UK and Europe I would use Vyke.co.uk - 2p/call.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Jan 24, 2007
  7. Jay

    -ip.co.uk Guest

    On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 00:42:22 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    ><-ip.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:20:41 -0000, "Jay" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> > Hi ,
    >> > I am new to voip and am looking to explore this.
    >> > I have selected the Siemens C460IP phone
    >> > http://www.home-phones.co.uk/asp/pr...ywords=C460IP&recor=1&SearchFor=any&PT_ID=all
    >> >
    >> > Want to know which service provider is best for my
    >> > needs?
    >> > Main international call destinations are:
    >> > India , Philippines & USA
    >> > best rates I have are from 18185.com
    >> >
    >> > Looking for a VOIP provider that will be useful for
    >> > international as well as local use.
    >> > Voice Mail service
    >> >
    >> > Hope you can help me!

    >> www.voip.co.uk free UK calls evenings and weekends 1.17p
    >> daytime 2p a minute to most of Europe or
    >> www.voipfone.co.uk similar call charges but no free calls
    >> just keep well away from Sipgate no matter what anyone
    >> says .

    >Keep well away from anything Ron Chew says...

    Rubbish Ivor YOU just do not like to read the truth regarding Sipgate
    refuse and admit that they provide a useless service ,the sipgate
    service has been down more times in the last couple of years than any
    other VOIP provider available to UK customers YOU know that is true
    but you still carry on defending them like a damned idiot.
    Incidentally when are you going to become a European ???.

    -ip.co.uk, Jan 24, 2007
  8. Jay

    Rob Guest

    <-ip.co.uk> wrote in message

    > Incidentally when are you going to become a European ???.

    In a recent Teletext (ITV1) poll, 93% of the respondents voted that they
    thought the UK would be better off out of Europe .

    OK, I know they probably didn't get a truly representitive sample of voters,
    but in my opinion the result was probably how the majority of people think
    about the EC or whatever it calls itself at the moment.

    Taking into account all the immigration, imbalance of financial
    input/output, bureaucracy, etc.etc. I'm inclined to agree with the majority
    of voters in that poll.

    So Ivor might not be in the minority if he doesn't wish to be considered
    European. On the other hand......

    Rob

    Rob, Jan 24, 2007
  9. Jay

    -ip.co.uk Guest

    On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 12:59:38 -0000, "Rob" <>
    wrote:

    >In a recent Teletext (ITV1) poll, 93% of the respondents voted that they
    >thought the UK would be better off out of Europe .

    I don't know really how to put this Rob but in terms of the good of
    the country in general I would be in full agreement with pulling out
    of the EU on a personal level for quite a few of us people here in the
    UK it would be an economic disaster if we pulled out.
    I refer of course to the smokers and boozers here I do not drink
    alcohol but I do smoke, in three weeks time I shall be going over to
    Belgium and bringing back 3 K of tobacco and making a net saving of
    £ 300.00 all expenses paid including an over night stay in an hotel .
    Which over all the four trips a year I make represents a saving of
    £ 1200 .

    >OK, I know they probably didn't get a truly representitive sample of voters,
    >but in my opinion the result was probably how the majority of people think
    >about the EC or whatever it calls itself at the moment.
    >
    >Taking into account all the immigration, imbalance of financial
    >input/output, bureaucracy, etc.etc. I'm inclined to agree with the majority
    >of voters in that poll.

    Has I have said Rob I fully agree with what you have said.
    >So Ivor might not be in the minority if he doesn't wish to be considered
    >European. On the other hand......

    Whether he like it or not it he is a European at the moment like
    everyone else.

    -ip.co.uk, Jan 24, 2007
  10. Thus spaketh Rob:
    > <-ip.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Incidentally when are you going to become a European ???.

    > In a recent Teletext (ITV1) poll, 93% of the respondents voted that
    > they thought the UK would be better off out of Europe .
    >
    > OK, I know they probably didn't get a truly representitive sample of
    > voters, but in my opinion the result was probably how the majority of
    > people think about the EC or whatever it calls itself at the moment.
    >
    > Taking into account all the immigration, imbalance of financial
    > input/output, bureaucracy, etc.etc. I'm inclined to agree with the
    > majority of voters in that poll.
    >
    > So Ivor might not be in the minority if he doesn't wish to be
    > considered European. On the other hand......
    >
    > Rob

    I'm happy to be part of the EU, and if the unthinkable were to happen
    and sadly we did the crazy thing and pull out, I would move to a country
    that remained in the EU.

    Trouble is we have too many people believing what the media wants them
    to believe.

    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jan 24, 2007
  11. Jay

    -ip.co.uk Guest

    On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 14:12:55 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"

    >I'm happy to be part of the EU, and if the unthinkable were to happen
    >and sadly we did the crazy thing and pull out, I would move to a country
    >that remained in the EU.

    Ok tell me what we are getting out of the EU besides cheaper booze and
    fags and thousands of immigrants? , I can tell you however that it is
    costing us as a nation thousands of pounds a year to be members of the
    EU and to be governed by the Brussels instead of our own elected
    members of the British parliament .
    May Ted Heath rot in hell !! .

    -ip.co.uk, Jan 24, 2007
  12. Jay

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <-ip.co.uk> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > Has I have said Rob I fully agree with what you have said.
    > > So Ivor might not be in the minority if he doesn't wish
    > > to be considered European. On the other hand......

    "Has" I said..? When are you going to learn to spell..?!

    > Whether he like it or not it he is a European at the
    > moment like everyone else.

    Wrong.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jan 24, 2007
  13. Jay

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
    wrote in message

    [snip]

    > I'm happy to be part of the EU, and if the unthinkable
    > were to happen and sadly we did the crazy thing and pull
    > out, I would move to a country that remained in the EU.

    Off you go then, but don't try and force me to go with you.

    > Trouble is we have too many people believing what the
    > media wants them to believe.

    Nobody tells me what to believe, particularly idiots called Ron.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jan 24, 2007
  14. Jay

    Guest

    On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 19:34:59 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >"Has" I said..? When are you going to learn to spell..?!

    Does it matter ! I can read what he has posted only totally obnoxious
    human beings criticize other peoples spelling etc .

    >> Whether he like it or not it he is a European at the
    >> moment like everyone else.

    >Wrong.

    Ah so you must be one of those Muslim types then who goes of to
    wash in some river in the east that is filled with dead rotting
    animals and their excrement .
    You know Ivor I have only been reading this group for two or three
    days and I am totally sick of seeing your name ,everyone else that I
    have seen here seems to be fairly decent and sensible and are not
    ashamed of being who and what they are .

    , Jan 27, 2007
  15. Thus spaketh :
    > On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 19:34:59 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >> "Has" I said..? When are you going to learn to spell..?!
    >>

    > Does it matter ! I can read what he has posted only totally obnoxious
    > human beings criticize other peoples spelling etc .
    >
    >>> Whether he like it or not it he is a European at the
    >>> moment like everyone else.

    >> Wrong.

    > Ah so you must be one of those Muslim types then who goes of to
    > wash in some river in the east that is filled with dead rotting
    > animals and their excrement .
    > You know Ivor I have only been reading this group for two or three
    > days and I am totally sick of seeing your name ,everyone else that I
    > have seen here seems to be fairly decent and sensible and are not
    > ashamed of being who and what they are .

    It was thanks to Ivor that this group came into being.

    Though I agree it does get boring the bickering between the two.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jan 27, 2007
  16. Jay

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 19:34:59 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > > "Has" I said..? When are you going to learn to spell..?!
    > >

    > Does it matter ! I can read what he has posted only
    > totally obnoxious human beings criticize other peoples
    > spelling etc .

    Yes it matters. If you can't see why, there is no point in explaining it.

    > > > Whether he like it or not it he is a European at the
    > > > moment like everyone else.

    > > Wrong.

    > Ah so you must be one of those Muslim types

    Wrong again.

    > You know Ivor I have only been reading this group for two
    > or three days and I am totally sick of seeing your name

    So killfile me, do I care..?

    > ,everyone else that I have seen here seems to be fairly
    > decent and sensible and are not ashamed of being who and
    > what they are .

    I'm not ashamed of what I am. But I refuse to accept being called what I
    am not.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jan 27, 2007
  17. Jay

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
    wrote in message

    [snip]

    > It was thanks to Ivor that this group came into being.

    Thankyou for that.

    > Though I agree it does get boring the bickering between
    > the two.

    The continuation of it comes solely from the other end. If he stops
    insulting me, I will stop defending myself.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jan 27, 2007