Help needed for converting DVDs to AVI's with AutoGK

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Arawak, Oct 28, 2005.

  1. Arawak

    Arawak Guest

    First off, is AutoGK and Auto Gordian Knot the same program or
    different programs?
    Next, according to the tutorial that came with the installation, I
    should first select an appropriate input type that AutoGK is going to
    be dealing with. There are two of them at the moment:

    1- DVD input is used when you supply a directory that contains VOB
    files, IFO file and Stream Info file ("Stream Information.txt").
    This file contains information about audio and subtitle streams that
    are available for you to select in AutoGK.

    2- File input is used when you have mpeg2 file(s) or transport streams
    that you want to convert to DivX/XviD. It can also be used with VOB
    files that do not have a corresponding stream information file.Only
    information about audio type (but not language) is available in this
    mode.

    When I start up the program I am taken directly to the 2nd option to
    pick a file and since I never have any idea which of the umpteen vob
    file to choose I would rather use the "missing" 1st method/mode.
    So far I have wasted many days/time when I tried to burn 5 movies and
    every one was fucked up, either having out of sync audio or chopped-up
    video.
    I want to burn the resulting avi files to DVD for playback on a
    Philips DVP642.

    Any help or assistance greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Arawak

    Arawak, Oct 28, 2005