Help needed: blank space in web pages

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Minna, Sep 20, 2003.

  1. Minna

    Minna Guest

    Hi all,

    I couldn't find a group for Mozilla newbies so I'm trying out my luck
    here. Please refer me to the right group if this is not the one.

    I just downloaded Mozilla 1.4. Now I'm having a very annoying problem
    with the browser. With some web pages the window is sort of "extended",
    so that the beginning of the page shows just fine, but then there is
    just a blank space with no text or pics and I need to drag the sidebar
    all the way down to see the rest of the page.

    I know this sounds complicated but I'm afraid this is the best
    explanation I can give. This problem does not occur with all the pages,
    on the contrary, it's not very common, but when it does it's very
    annoying. Some pages I get the problem with are:

    http://www.aqua-web.org/

    http://personal.inet.fi/cool/ryyni/

    http://joyy.joensuu.fi/forum/

    I'd be very grateful for any help!

    Thanks!

    *****
    Minna
    *****
    Minna, Sep 20, 2003

  2. Minna

    ho alexandre Guest

    Minna wrote:
    > I'd be very grateful for any help!

    Sorry, all three sites display fine for me (moz 1.4 windows).

    --
    XandreX
    /I'm that kind of people your parents warned you about/
    ho alexandre, Sep 22, 2003

  3. Minna

    desertstorm Guest

    My Mozilla 1.5b also has no trouble with those URL [by the way, nice boobs
    on the one; too bad you can't 'see' them ;o)) ]. What I wonder is whether
    this could be caused by the languages you installed within your brower. That
    would be the first thing I'd check. Maybe that causes the pages not to load
    completely. Just a rough guess ...

    d.

    desertstorm, Sep 25, 2003