    All my other passwords for other acc work fine its just hotmail on this
    computer.

    Thanks in advance.
    jackmehoff, Dec 3, 2004

  2. jackmehoff

    ToYKillAS Guest

    jackmehoff wrote:
    > Okay so I have another problem that I am hoping someone can help me with.
    > Every time I try to log on to my hotmail acc from my computer it keeps
    > coming back to tell me to re-type my password.

    try another browser, firefox, mozilla, opera..

    --
    Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
    ToYKillAS, Dec 3, 2004

  3. jackmehoff

    Sam Witch Guest

    "jackmehoff" <> wrote in

    > Okay so I have another problem that I am hoping someone can help me
    > with. Every time I try to log on to my hotmail acc from my computer it
    > keeps coming back to tell me to re-type my password.
    > I have 3 hotmail accounts and it does it to all of them.
    > There is nothing wrong with the accounts or passwords as they work
    > just fine on any other computer.
    > I have set all my options to default.
    > All my other passwords for other acc work fine its just hotmail on
    > this computer.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Allow cookies

    Sam Witch, Dec 3, 2004
  4. jackmehoff

    jackmehoff Guest

    "Sam Witch" <> wrote in message
    > "jackmehoff" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Okay so I have another problem that I am hoping someone can help me
    >> with. Every time I try to log on to my hotmail acc from my computer it
    >> keeps coming back to tell me to re-type my password.
    >> I have 3 hotmail accounts and it does it to all of them.
    >> There is nothing wrong with the accounts or passwords as they work
    >> just fine on any other computer.
    >> I have set all my options to default.
    >> All my other passwords for other acc work fine its just hotmail on
    >> this computer.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance.
    >>

    > Allow cookies

    Done that did not work.
    jackmehoff, Dec 6, 2004
  5. jackmehoff

    jackmehoff Guest

    "ToYKillAS" <> wrote in message
    > jackmehoff wrote:
    >> Okay so I have another problem that I am hoping someone can help me with.
    >> Every time I try to log on to my hotmail acc from my computer it keeps
    >> coming back to tell me to re-type my password.

    > try another browser, firefox, mozilla, opera..

    Yup thats what I am going to do. Thanks.
    jackmehoff, Dec 6, 2004
  6. jackmehoff

    winged Guest

    It is just a hunch but are you using IE? Hotmail uses an https session
    for the login process. Try going to Tools/Internet options. Select
    advanced tab. Here is where it gets tricky as Microsoft, depending on
    the browser version, under the security area has a selection to save
    encrypted pages to disk. If I remember right in 5.5 it must be checked.
    In Version 6.x of IE it is unchecked. Also ensure use ssl 2.0 and 3.0
    is checked.

    It also "might" be related to a proxy setting. Do you use a proxy or
    are you using a product "like" promoxitron? If so take a look at
    whether your https pages are configured to route through the proxy or
    bypass the local proxy.

    With the information provided it is difficult to diagnose but these are
    my first guesses. Additionally on Win2K + machines there are several
    services which must be on (not disabled) for cryptographic services to
    operate.

    I have also seen a coolwwwsearch compromise that uses an activeX control
    in the winsock layer that, if the compromise does not install properly,
    can break cryptographic services.

    If this don't work, come back with the browser version and OS and
    service pack.

    In any case the advice to use another browser (any other browser
    according to CERT) is very good advice. If your new other browser don't
    work, I would examine cryptographic services and the winsock.

    Regards,
    Winged

    winged, Dec 9, 2004