    who has given a reply to your question, also when you have asked for some
    info how long does it stay on the list for , what are the glasses for I am
    new to this and don't know where else to find info from

    chrissy, Jan 12, 2004

  2. chrissy

    Rifleman Guest

    "chrissy" <> wrote in message
    news:HWAMb.517$...
    > Please can anyone tell me what a thread is and how do you reply to someone
    > who has given a reply to your question, also when you have asked for some
    > info how long does it stay on the list for , what are the glasses for I am
    > new to this and don't know where else to find info from

    A "Thread" is a series of posts with the same subject-line (usually) on the
    same topic.
    In OE6 just highlight the post you want to reply to and click on "Reply to
    Group"

    Rifleman, Jan 12, 2004

  3. chrissy

    Harrison Guest

    Did you try clicking Help on the Outlook Express toolbar?

    Harrison, Jan 12, 2004
  4. chrissy

    chrissy Guest

    Thanks for that but some replys have come back not being able to deliver as
    they are a different address to stop spam mail so how do you reply to them
    ????

    chrissy, Jan 12, 2004
  5. chrissy

    gangle Guest

    A Tread is simply a series of posts with the same
    subject header. So this is now the HELP NEEDED
    AGAIN thread. In OE, to reply, highlight the specific
    message header, then click "Reply To Group."
    The glasses symbol are an indication that you have
    marked a thread to be "watched." The place to
    find a lot of this information is staring you in the face:
    At the top of OE, click the HELP button, then Contents
    and Index. Almost all programs have Help files -- learn
    to use them first before asking others to spoon feed
    you information that you could find on your own.

    "chrissy" wrote

    gangle, Jan 12, 2004
  6. chrissy

    Harrison Guest

    You reply to the group via the given newsgroup. Not to the individuals
    via e-mail.

    Harrison, Jan 12, 2004
  7. chrissy

    Brian H¹© Guest

    chrissy said:

    > Please can anyone tell me what a thread is and how do you reply to someone
    > who has given a reply to your question, also when you have asked for some
    > info how long does it stay on the list for , what are the glasses for I am
    > new to this and don't know where else to find info from

    On top of Riflemans reply, you might like to visit Windows Update and get the
    latest patches for IE/OE you are still at version 1106.

    Brian H¹©, Jan 12, 2004
  8. chrissy

    gangle Guest

    Your question makes no sense, and this is NOT mail.
    (FYI: the plural of "reply" is "replies.")

    "chrissy" wrote

    gangle, Jan 12, 2004
  9. "chrissy" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for that but some replys have come back not being able to deliver

    as
    > they are a different address to stop spam mail so how do you reply to them
    > ????

    Right-click & hit "reply to group", not "Reply to sender" - reply to sender
    results in a e-mail, not a post to the news group.

    Cathy

    ("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

    Cathy Friedmann, Jan 12, 2004
  10. chrissy wrote:
    > Please can anyone tell me what a thread is and how do you reply to someone
    > who has given a reply to your question, also when you have asked for some
    > info how long does it stay on the list for , what are the glasses for I am
    > new to this and don't know where else to find info from

    The answer to the other question is that the glasses mean "watch this
    thread", so that you can opt to only view threads you've chosen to watch
    (i.e. that are important to you).

    -- DE

    Tergiversative, Jan 13, 2004