    from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even
    incapable of forming such opinions."
    -- Albert Einstein
    Matt Ion, Aug 6, 2004

  2. Matt Ion

    Dave Guest

    When I have gone looking for such stuff, it is clear that Canon does not
    post the original version, only the upgrades. So you will have to either
    call Canon or somehow find someone with the original disk. Don't know if
    there are any websites that post what I suspect are illegal copies.

    "Matt Ion" <> wrote in message
    > I can't find the bundled CDs that came with my Digital Rebel. I need the
    > Mac drivers and software for it, but all they have on the Canon website is
    > updaters for the bundled software, which doesn't do me much good.
    >
    > Anyone have a download source for this stuff?
    >
    > --
    > "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which

    differ

    Dave, Aug 7, 2004

  3. Dave wrote:
    > When I have gone looking for such stuff, it is clear that Canon does not
    > post the original version, only the upgrades. So you will have to either
    > call Canon or somehow find someone with the original disk. Don't know if
    > there are any websites that post what I suspect are illegal copies.
    >
    > "Matt Ion" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I can't find the bundled CDs that came with my Digital Rebel. I need the
    >>Mac drivers and software for it, but all they have on the Canon website is
    >>updaters for the bundled software, which doesn't do me much good.
    >>
    >>Anyone have a download source for this stuff?

    What is it you need to do? Canon's RAW converter really creeps on this
    old Mac, (dual 500 G-4) but PS CS handles it well. I don't think Canon
    has any software for the Mac that PS doesn't handle better.

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Aug 7, 2004
  4. "Matt Ion" <> wrote in message
    > I can't find the bundled CDs that came with my Digital Rebel. I need the
    > Mac drivers and software for it, but all they have on the Canon website is
    > updaters for the bundled software, which doesn't do me much good.
    >
    > Anyone have a download source for this stuff?
    >
    > --
    > "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which

    differ
    > from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even
    > incapable of forming such opinions."
    > -- Albert Einstein

    The upgrades on the Web sites of most digital equipment makers are full
    drivers that replace the old ones. I don't know if Canon is offering the
    complete drivers or patches; perhaps someone else can tell you. It doesn't
    hurt the maker to let anyone have drivers, because they don't work without
    the gear they are selling.
    Marvin Margoshes, Aug 7, 2004
  5. Matt Ion

    Matt Ion Guest

    "John McWilliams" <> wrote in message
    > Dave wrote:
    > > When I have gone looking for such stuff, it is clear that Canon does not
    > > post the original version, only the upgrades. So you will have to

    either
    > > call Canon or somehow find someone with the original disk. Don't know

    if
    > > there are any websites that post what I suspect are illegal copies.
    > >
    > > "Matt Ion" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>I can't find the bundled CDs that came with my Digital Rebel. I need

    the
    > >>Mac drivers and software for it, but all they have on the Canon website

    is
    > >>updaters for the bundled software, which doesn't do me much good.
    > >>
    > >>Anyone have a download source for this stuff?
    > >>

    > What is it you need to do?

    I need to get the pictures out of the camera and onto the computer. Until I
    can do that, how I process them is irrelevant.
    Matt Ion, Aug 7, 2004
  6. Matt Ion

    3dog Guest

    Matt Ion <> wrote in message
    > "John McWilliams" <> wrote in message
    > > Dave wrote:
    > > > When I have gone looking for such stuff, it is clear that Canon does

    not
    > > > post the original version, only the upgrades. So you will have to

    > either
    > > > call Canon or somehow find someone with the original disk. Don't know

    > if
    > > > there are any websites that post what I suspect are illegal copies.
    > > >
    > > > "Matt Ion" <> wrote in message

    > the

    website
    > is

    > > What is it you need to do?

    > I need to get the pictures out of the camera and onto the computer. Until

    > can do that, how I process them is irrelevant.

    How about a card reader?

    3dog, Aug 7, 2004
  7. Matt Ion

    Matt Ion Guest

    "3dog" <> wrote in message

    > Matt Ion <> wrote in message
    > > "John McWilliams" <> wrote in message

    > not

    > > either

    know
    > > if

    need
    > > the

    > website
    > > is

    > > > What is it you need to do?

    > > I need to get the pictures out of the camera and onto the computer.

    Until
    > > can do that, how I process them is irrelevant.
    > >

    > How about a card reader?

    How about WITHOUT buying more gear?

    Pay attention to the original post:
    * Canon has provided drivers and software for MacOS X to transfer pictures
    directly from the camera.
    * I have misplaced my original bundled CDs.
    * Canon's site appears to have only updaters for the bundled apps, and not
    the originals.
    * I am looking for another source for the original bundled software.
    * Buying more hardware is NOT a solution.
    Matt Ion, Aug 8, 2004