    can get the color back?

    Thanks!
    Me

    Just Me, Nov 13, 2003

  2. >From: (Just Me)
    >Newsgroups: alt.computer
    >Date: 13 Nov 2003 06:02:51 -0800

    >Hi everyone.
    >
    >I got a new computer not too long ago and within the first few days of
    >setting it up and using it, something happened to the color on the
    >screen. I don't know if I did something or what, but regular websites
    >I visit are now completely washed of their colors. Everything is
    >almost white. Can anyone help me on what may have happened or how I
    >can get the color back?
    >
    >Thanks!
    >Me

    What make/model monitor do you have?

    Are there any menus or controls for adjustments?

    You probably won't need them, but I made some monitor color tests available at:

    http://members.aol.com/pentalpha1/

    monitortest1.htm 13-Nov-2003 13:31 1K
    colortest1.gif 13-Nov-2003 13:31 12K
    colortest2.gif 13-Nov-2003 13:32 6K
    76cie.jpg 13-Nov-2003 13:34 176K

    Right-click on the file and Save Target As.

    :)

    - -- - -- - --
    -- - -- - - -- - - - -- - - -- --
    - -- - - - -- - -- - -- -- -- -- - -- -
    --
    Necessity is the Mother of invention.

    I'd tell you a secret, but it wouldn't be a secret anymore.

    caveat lector - reader beware, Nov 13, 2003

  3. Just Me

    Just Me Guest

    pAmNot ( caveat lector - reader beware) wrote in message news:<>...
    > >From: (Just Me)
    > >Newsgroups: alt.computer
    > >Date: 13 Nov 2003 06:02:51 -0800

    > >Hi everyone.
    > >
    > >I got a new computer not too long ago and within the first few days of
    > >setting it up and using it, something happened to the color on the
    > >screen. I don't know if I did something or what, but regular websites
    > >I visit are now completely washed of their colors. Everything is
    > >almost white. Can anyone help me on what may have happened or how I
    > >can get the color back?
    > >
    > >Thanks!
    > >Me

    > What make/model monitor do you have?
    >
    > Are there any menus or controls for adjustments?
    >

    > You probably won't need them, but I made some monitor color tests available at:
    >
    > http://members.aol.com/pentalpha1/
    >
    > monitortest1.htm 13-Nov-2003 13:31 1K
    > colortest1.gif 13-Nov-2003 13:31 12K
    > colortest2.gif 13-Nov-2003 13:32 6K
    > 76cie.jpg 13-Nov-2003 13:34 176K
    >
    > Right-click on the file and Save Target As.
    >
    > :)

    I have a Gem 19" Flat Monitor and I've tried working with the monitor
    controls right after it happened, but couldn't make the color come
    back. When I go to certain websites, it's really hard to see the
    writing because it's so washed out. Also, when I use the pull down
    menus like View, File, etc. or pull down menus within a website, they
    are transparent and I can see the website writing behind it which
    makes the pull down menus hard to read. Oh well, I'll keep trying.

    Thanks for your help.
    Me

    Just Me, Nov 13, 2003
  4. Just Me

    V W Wall Guest

    caveat lector - reader beware wrote:

    > >From: (Just Me)
    > >Newsgroups: alt.computer
    > >Date: 13 Nov 2003 06:02:51 -0800

    > >Hi everyone.
    > >
    > >I got a new computer not too long ago and within the first few days of
    > >setting it up and using it, something happened to the color on the
    > >screen. I don't know if I did something or what, but regular websites
    > >I visit are now completely washed of their colors. Everything is
    > >almost white. Can anyone help me on what may have happened or how I
    > >can get the color back?
    > >
    > >Thanks!
    > >Me

    > What make/model monitor do you have?
    >
    > Are there any menus or controls for adjustments?
    >
    > You probably won't need them, but I made some monitor color tests available at:
    >
    > http://members.aol.com/pentalpha1/
    >
    > monitortest1.htm 13-Nov-2003 13:31 1K
    > colortest1.gif 13-Nov-2003 13:31 12K
    > colortest2.gif 13-Nov-2003 13:32 6K
    > 76cie.jpg 13-Nov-2003 13:34 176K
    >
    > Right-click on the file and Save Target As.

    Here's a monitor test program that will do all the above and more:

    http://www.geocities.com/tvdarekz/

    Look for Monitor Testor, near the bottom of the page.

    It's free and will fit on a floppy for testing monitors at remote locations.

    Virg Wall
    --
    A foolish consistency is the
    hobgoblin of little minds,........

    V W Wall, Nov 13, 2003
  5. Just Me

    Guest

    On 13 Nov 2003 06:02:51 -0800, (Just Me) wrote:

    >Hi everyone.
    >
    >I got a new computer not too long ago and within the first few days of
    >setting it up and using it, something happened to the color on the
    >screen. I don't know if I did something or what, but regular websites
    >I visit are now completely washed of their colors. Everything is
    >almost white. Can anyone help me on what may have happened or how I
    >can get the color back?
    >
    >Thanks!
    >Me

    It it only happens on the web, the monitor is probably OK.

    In Netscape Preferences - Appearance - Colors, there is an option to
    use colors from the source, or to use your own specified colors. The
    second option can do some very strange things.

    Roy - Carpe Noctem

    , Nov 14, 2003
  6. Just Me

    Guest

    On 13 Nov 2003 18:43:14 GMT, pAmNot ( caveat
    lector - reader beware) wrote:

    >You probably won't need them, but I made some monitor color tests available at:
    >
    >http://members.aol.com/pentalpha1/
    >
    >monitortest1.htm 13-Nov-2003 13:31 1K
    >colortest1.gif 13-Nov-2003 13:31 12K
    >colortest2.gif 13-Nov-2003 13:32 6K
    >76cie.jpg 13-Nov-2003 13:34 176K

    You might want to take the BMP out. Phone number copied and saved.

    Roy - Carpe Noctem

    , Nov 14, 2003
  7. Just Me

    Hank Guest

    "Just Me" <> wrote in message
    > Hi everyone.
    >
    > I got a new computer not too long ago and within the first few days of
    > setting it up and using it, something happened to the color on the
    > screen. I don't know if I did something or what, but regular websites
    > I visit are now completely washed of their colors. Everything is
    > almost white. Can anyone help me on what may have happened or how I
    > can get the color back?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Me

    Look around in the video card driver properties your likely to find just the
    adjustments you need.

    Hank

    Hank, Nov 14, 2003
  8. >From:
    >Newsgroups: alt.computer

    >Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 01:10:50 GMT

    >On 13 Nov 2003 18:43:14 GMT, pAmNot ( caveat
    >lector - reader beware) wrote:
    >
    >>You probably won't need them, but I made some monitor color tests available

    >at:
    >>
    >>http://members.aol.com/pentalpha1/
    >>
    >>monitortest1.htm 13-Nov-2003 13:31 1K
    >>colortest1.gif 13-Nov-2003 13:31 12K
    >>colortest2.gif 13-Nov-2003 13:32 6K
    >>76cie.jpg 13-Nov-2003 13:34 176K

    >You might want to take the BMP out. Phone number copied and saved.
    >
    >Roy - Carpe Noctem

    I asked her to write a fake number, since I new she wouldn't give her real
    number.

    If you dial the number, chances are, you will get her dentist.

    Lastly, Hooters girls, rotate their name tags, so her name is not Kristyn.

    :)

    - -- - -- - --
    -- - -- - - -- - - - -- - - -- --
    - -- - - - -- - -- - -- -- -- -- - -- -

    caveat lector - reader beware, Nov 14, 2003
  9. >From: (Just Me)
    >Newsgroups: alt.computer
    >Date: 13 Nov 2003 14:44:02 -0800

    >I have a Gem 19" Flat Monitor

    Is this it?

    Maybe this driver will help.

    http://www.gemca.com/gl190z2.html

    :/

    caveat lector - reader beware, Nov 14, 2003