    otherwise all help would be appreciated.
    cheers.
    im running windows xp and blueyonder broadband.

    wayne upson, Nov 7, 2003

  2. On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 08:10:20 +0000, B. Al. Zeebub read and pondered :

    > does anyone have an answer to this one.
    > everytime i connect to the internet all web pages are being hijacked by
    > another web page, namely "locator.com"
    > it has suddenly started doing this and i cant get out of it. now please bare
    > with me as i am a novice to pooters so if it is something really easy great
    > otherwise all help would be appreciated.
    > cheers.
    > im running windows xp and blueyonder broadband.

    Oops!
    Download and run Spybot Search & Destroy.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/
    or AdAware:
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    Check your internet security, or lack of it here:
    http://grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1dkyd2
    After you've recieved a "Danger! Danger, Will Robinson" type report, and
    smoke belches from your pooooooter go here and install Zone Alarm:
    http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/company/zap_za_grid.jsp Then go here
    to browse antivirus software:
    http://tinyurl.com/u1qz
    Purchase, install, and update it regularly. Visit Micro$oft Update
    regularly.

    And finally to avoid this problem in the future *do not* use Internet
    Explorer or Outlook Express. Oh, and set up you computer with a limited
    account for each user to reduce the damage that they may do. Basically
    only the administrator should be allowed to install programs.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/howto/gettingstarted/sharing/default.asp
    Now go do some reading and enjoy the Internet comfortably.
    B.

    B. Al. Zeebub, Nov 7, 2003

  3. wayne upson

    Bill Guest

    "B. Al. Zeebub" <> wrote in message
    > Now go do some reading and enjoy the Internet comfortably.

    Enjoy it?

    You'll put the shits up the poor guy for a fortnight!

    Bill

    Bill, Nov 7, 2003
  4. wayne upson

    nemo Guest

    Wayne,

    You might want to munge your email address to avoid getting more spam,
    try something like or try this link:

    http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm

    Regards

    nemo

    nemo, Nov 7, 2003
  5. wayne upson wrote:

    > does anyone have an answer to this one.
    > everytime i connect to the internet all web pages are being hijacked by
    > another web page, namely "locator.com"
    > it has suddenly started doing this and i cant get out of it. now please bare
    > with me as i am a novice to pooters so if it is something really easy great
    > otherwise all help would be appreciated.
    > cheers.
    > im running windows xp and blueyonder broadband.

    Likely IE's been hijacked by some spyware / malware / adware....

    Check out Download.Com for Anti-Spyware programs - one of the most
    suggested ones is AdAware by LavaSoft.. but there's a bunch more out
    there. I'm sure someone'll give you the names of some of the others.

    Oh, and you might want to check out Mozilla or some other Non-Microsoft
    browser to keep this from happening again.

    Good Luck!

    BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
    (BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)

    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Nov 7, 2003
  6. Try Spybot Search & Destroy. It's the best anti-spyware prog out there.
    Get it at www.safer-networking.org .

    Peter Trembath, Nov 8, 2003