    backdoor fix.Is it possible that the worm or whatever is in the task
    manager?

    Any suggestions would be appreciated..Ace.
    Ace McCoy, Nov 21, 2009

  2. Ace McCoy wrote:

    > I'm not sure what exactly happened but the other day after I logged
    > on, internet explorer on my main user wouldn't allow me on the
    > internet [World Wide Web]. Could this be a browser hijack?

    Quite possibly. What steps have you taken to help yourself?
    I.E. is certainly quite prone to hijacking.

    Start with HiJackThis:
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_hijackthis/

    Paste your resultant output here, and read carefully:
    http://hijackthis.de/

    > The funny thing is,I am able to get on with another user name that is
    > not set up as an administrator but I have to click the mcafee nag
    > thing to open it.Of course the other problem is because this account
    > isn't an adminisrator acct.,I can't download any fixes. Please does
    > anybody have a backdoor fix.

    http://malwarebytes.org/
    http://superantispyware.com/

    Without knowing what your OS is, further recommendations would only be
    guesses.

    > Is it possible that the worm or whatever is in the task manager?

    Not likely.

    Once you get yourself cleaned up, switch to a less-susceptible browser,
    such as Firefox or Opera.

    For downloading prior to fixup of Admin vs. User, get the OffByOne
    browser. It doesn't require traditional installation.
    http://offbyone.com/offbyone/

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 21, 2009

  3. Ace McCoy

    richard Guest

    On 21 Nov 2009 17:54:33 GMT, Ace McCoy wrote:

    > I'm not sure what exactly happened but the other day after I logged on,
    > internet explorer on my main user wouldn't allow me on the internet.Could
    > this be a browser hijack?
    >
    > The funny thing is,I am able to get on with another user name that is not
    > set up as an administrator but I have to click the mcafee nag thing to open
    > it.Of course the other problem is because this account isn't an
    > adminisrator acct.,I can't download any fixes. Please does anybody have a
    > backdoor fix.Is it possible that the worm or whatever is in the task
    > manager?
    >
    > Any suggestions would be appreciated..Ace.

    Install another browser and see what happens.
    Firefox and Opera are two good ones.
    I rarely use IE.
    richard, Nov 21, 2009
  4. Ace McCoy

    chuckcar Guest

    (Ace McCoy) wrote in

    > I'm not sure what exactly happened but the other day after I logged on,
    > internet explorer on my main user wouldn't allow me on the
    > internet.Could this be a browser hijack?
    >
    > The funny thing is,I am able to get on with another user name that is
    > not set up as an administrator but I have to click the mcafee nag thing
    > to open it.Of course the other problem is because this account isn't an
    > adminisrator acct.,I can't download any fixes. Please does anybody have
    > a backdoor fix.Is it possible that the worm or whatever is in the task
    > manager?
    >
    > Any suggestions would be appreciated..Ace.

    McAfee "nag" thing?

    That is your malware scanner that's installed to stop you from infecting
    the computer resulting in just such a thing happening.

    What *exactly* does McAfee tell you?

    Update your virus information files from McAfee using Their AV software
    and scan *every* file on your computer to start, moving *all* infected
    files into quaranteen.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Nov 22, 2009
  5. chuckcar wrote:

    > (Ace McCoy) wrote:
    >> The funny thing is,I am able to get on with another user name that
    >> is not set up as an administrator but I have to click the mcafee nag
    >> thing to open it.Of course the other problem is because this account
    >> isn't an adminisrator acct.,I can't download any fixes. ...

    > McAfee "nag" thing?
    >
    > That is your malware scanner that's installed to stop you from
    > infecting the computer resulting in just such a thing happening.

    You seem to have missed that part about "administrator" and "another
    user name" up there in the OP.

    > What *exactly* does McAfee tell you?

    "You have not given permission for this program to open
    *as this user*." ?

    > Update your virus information files from McAfee using Their AV
    > software and scan *every* file on your computer to start, moving
    > *all* infected files into quaranteen.

    Yep. That'll help. Heh, "quaranteen". Update your spellchecker
    information files.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 22, 2009