    this weekend!!!

    Thanks

    Jamie

    jk1, Oct 11, 2004

  2. jk1

    J. D. Guest

    try taking the battery out, then remove the card. put the battery back in
    and fire it up to see if you get the same error message.

    J. D., Oct 11, 2004

  3. jk1

    Ryadia Guest

    jk1 wrote:

    > In the process of trying to download RAW + jpeg images from my camera
    > to my Apple G4, the camera froze and is unable to communicate with the
    > computer. In addition, when I try to turn the camera off, it displays
    > an error message of "busy". So I can't get the camera to turn off,
    > which means I can't take the card out (or can I?)
    >
    > Help! All the photos on the camera are for a commercial job I shot
    > this weekend!!!
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Jamie

    This problem is a similar to the Win98 USB problem. Some PCs using
    Window 98 and a USB network card will drop their connection every 10
    minutes or so. The problem was traced down to USB1.1 slots.

    If you took longer than the 'time out' time set for the port, your Mac
    may have done like every PC does and not seen a constant data flow as
    any reason not to hibinate, and gone into sleep mode.

    It won't (usually) damage the data stored on a card, if you disconnect
    the USB cable ...provided that no data is being written to the card at
    the time of disconnection.

    Ryadia

    Ryadia, Oct 11, 2004
  4. jk1

    GT40 Guest

    On 10 Oct 2004 21:58:12 -0700, (jk1) wrote:

    >In the process of trying to download RAW + jpeg images from my camera
    >to my Apple G4, the camera froze and is unable to communicate with the
    >computer. In addition, when I try to turn the camera off, it displays
    >an error message of "busy". So I can't get the camera to turn off,
    >which means I can't take the card out (or can I?)

    Try calling Canon

    GT40, Oct 11, 2004
  5. jk1

    Böwzér Guest

    Pull the card and use a dedicated card reader, if you have one.

    Böwzér, Oct 11, 2004