    i can only control my computer with the task manager
    im running XP
    PLEASE PLEASE HELP
    JOANNE BAKER, Nov 25, 2003

  2. JOANNE BAKER

    Phil® Guest

    Right click the Desktop choose 'Arrange Icons By',
    and select 'Show Desktop Icons.

    Use your 'Windows Key' located on the keyboard to
    bring up the start menu.
    Right click on Start and select 'Properties' from the context menu.
    Look in the Taskbar page and Lock the Taskbar.
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/taskbar.htm

    Phil®, Nov 25, 2003

  3. JOANNE BAKER

    treeview

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Just wanted to say that the help for the vanishing desktop icons worked for me (I lost mine a few days ago and had no idea why or how to get them back) so thanks very much :eek:)
    treeview, Jun 17, 2008
  4. JOANNE BAKER

    Lilaceve

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    I have the same problem, except the windows key won't work either and I can't right click on the desktop!

    Can anyone help please?
    Lilaceve, Jul 2, 2008