    to avoid this. Its really quite irritating.
    I'm on Windows XP, pentium 3.
    Thx.

    YT, Jan 15, 2006

  2. YT

    John Holmes Guest

    YT blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > My computer keeps freezing

    Switch off the AC.

    --
    Your mother was a fascist prostitute who talked incessantly about teapots
    in a secure compound.

    John Holmes, Jan 15, 2006

  3. YT

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    YT spewed forth:
    > My computer keeps freezing and crashing.
    > What do you think the problem is?
    > I do regular virus, spyware and adware scans.
    > Any freeware that I can scan my computer with
    > to avoid this. Its really quite irritating.
    > I'm on Windows XP, pentium 3.
    > Thx.

    Turn up the heater.

    Or look in the event viewer to see what's happening when it freezes.

    Or run hardware diagnostics.

    Post back with details - what service pack of XP? Do you get any BSOD? Be
    sure you've turned off that d*** automatically restart function.
    (Right-click My Computer, select Properties, Advanced tab, Settings button
    for Startup and Recovery. It's near the middle.)

    --
    Regardless of Public Law No. 109-162 I hereby affirm that it is
    probably my intent to annoy the reader of this post. Get over it.

    Toolman Tim, Jan 15, 2006