    instead of having to watch 5 separate ones?

    TIA,
    Hawkeye65

    rtaddis, Dec 3, 2004

  2. rtaddis wrote:
    > Could someone please tell me how to combine multiple mpeg files into just
    > one. What I mean is this; say I have 5 mpeg files named movie1.mpeg,
    > movie2.mpeg, movie3.mpeg, etc. Each mpeg file is a continuation of the
    > previous one. How can I combine all 5 into 1 so I can watch the whole clip
    > instead of having to watch 5 separate ones?

    Click on F1 in OE, search for "combine and decode". Once you figure that
    out, then get a good news program such as Agent or XNews.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Dec 3, 2004

  3. rtaddis

    Richard Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > rtaddis wrote:
    > > Could someone please tell me how to combine multiple mpeg files into

    just
    > > one. What I mean is this; say I have 5 mpeg files named movie1.mpeg,
    > > movie2.mpeg, movie3.mpeg, etc. Each mpeg file is a continuation of the
    > > previous one. How can I combine all 5 into 1 so I can watch the whole

    clip
    > > instead of having to watch 5 separate ones?

    > Click on F1 in OE, search for "combine and decode". Once you figure that
    > out, then get a good news program such as Agent or XNews.

    Wrong! This is not a combine and decode situation.
    Some posters break longer movies into "clips" then post those.
    There are some programs available, but most are not reliable.

    What can be tried though, is to use windows movies maker.
    Import the clips, then combine into one longer movie.
    The output will be in wmv format and may even be smaller in size.

    The only time combine and decode works is when you have the situation:
    moviename.mpg.001 (01/30) // This is file 1 of moviename.mpg which contains
    30 parts. This is the first part.
    moviename.mog.001 (02/30) // This is the 2nd part.

    After that, you then need other software to join the various pieces
    together.

    Richard, Dec 3, 2004
  4. rtaddis

    Unk Guest

    On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 22:44:17 -0500, "rtaddis" <..net>
    wrote:

    >Could someone please tell me how to combine multiple mpeg files into just
    >one. What I mean is this; say I have 5 mpeg files named movie1.mpeg,
    >movie2.mpeg, movie3.mpeg, etc. Each mpeg file is a continuation of the
    >previous one. How can I combine all 5 into 1 so I can watch the whole clip
    >instead of having to watch 5 separate ones?
    >
    >TIA,
    >Hawkeye65

    You need a program like "AVI/MPEG/RM/WMV Joiner"
    http://www.boilsoft.com/

    Unk, Dec 3, 2004
  5. rtaddis

    trout Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:

    > rtaddis wrote:
    >> Could someone please tell me how to combine multiple mpeg files into
    >> just one. What I mean is this; say I have 5 mpeg files named
    >> movie1.mpeg, movie2.mpeg, movie3.mpeg, etc. Each mpeg file is a
    >> continuation of the previous one. How can I combine all 5 into 1 so
    >> I can watch the whole clip instead of having to watch 5 separate
    >> ones?

    > Click on F1 in OE, search for "combine and decode". Once you figure
    > that out, then get a good news program such as Agent or XNews.

    Unless he's actually got 'finished', playable, consecutive mpeg
    files, and needs a splitter/joiner.
    --
    "I'm not opening my reference notes today. I'm sure there'll be lots of
    suggestions, if that's what he needs."

    trout, Dec 3, 2004
  6. On Thu 02 Dec 2004 10:44:17p, rtaddis drooled the following utter
    nonsense in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Could someone please tell me how to combine multiple mpeg files
    > into just one. What I mean is this; say I have 5 mpeg files named
    > movie1.mpeg, movie2.mpeg, movie3.mpeg, etc. Each mpeg file is a
    > continuation of the previous one. How can I combine all 5 into 1
    > so I can watch the whole clip instead of having to watch 5
    > separate ones?
    >

    > TIA,
    > Hawkeye65

    Outlook Express Help>Index>Combine and decode

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    BEER!!11!! The Staff of Life

    The Old Sourdough, Dec 3, 2004
  7. trout wrote:
    > Rôgêr wrote:
    >

    >>rtaddis wrote:
    >>
    >>>Could someone please tell me how to combine multiple mpeg files into
    >>>just one. What I mean is this; say I have 5 mpeg files named
    >>>movie1.mpeg, movie2.mpeg, movie3.mpeg, etc. Each mpeg file is a
    >>>continuation of the previous one. How can I combine all 5 into 1 so
    >>>I can watch the whole clip instead of having to watch 5 separate
    >>>ones?

    >>Click on F1 in OE, search for "combine and decode". Once you figure
    >>that out, then get a good news program such as Agent or XNews.

    > Unless he's actually got 'finished', playable, consecutive mpeg
    > files, and needs a splitter/joiner.

    Yeah, I saw that but thought it was a newbie error in remembering how
    the sections are named. He specifically asked about combining multiple
    mpegs and I suppose I made an assumption. I see now on closer reading
    that he probably didn't mean combine and decode.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Dec 3, 2004
  8. rtaddis

    trout Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:

    > trout wrote:
    >> Rôgêr wrote:

    >>> Click on F1 in OE, search for "combine and decode". Once you figure
    >>> that out, then get a good news program such as Agent or XNews.

    >> Unless he's actually got 'finished', playable, consecutive mpeg
    >> files, and needs a splitter/joiner.

    > Yeah, I saw that but thought it was a newbie error in remembering how
    > the sections are named. He specifically asked about combining multiple
    > mpegs and I suppose I made an assumption. I see now on closer reading
    > that he probably didn't mean combine and decode.

    Yeah; I don't know fer sure, either, which is why I suggested a
    *possible* alternative, instead of hollering "Wrong!" like some kind of
    bone-headed usenet kook.
    --
    "Not naming any particularly-infamous loons whose name start with 'b u l
    l'."

    trout, Dec 3, 2004
  9. trout wrote:
    > Rôgêr wrote:
    >

    >>trout wrote:

    >>> Unless he's actually got 'finished', playable, consecutive mpeg
    >>>files, and needs a splitter/joiner.

    >>Yeah, I saw that but thought it was a newbie error in remembering how
    >>the sections are named. He specifically asked about combining multiple
    >>mpegs and I suppose I made an assumption. I see now on closer reading
    >>that he probably didn't mean combine and decode.

    > Yeah; I don't know fer sure, either, which is why I suggested a
    > *possible* alternative, instead of hollering "Wrong!" like some kind of
    > bone-headed usenet kook.

    This group does seem to attract the bestest net-loons, doesn't it?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Dec 3, 2004
  10. rtaddis

    trout Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:

    > This group does seem to attract the bestest net-loons, doesn't it?

    I'm trying to remember... for *which* century did he have the title?
    --
    "Not one to rest on his laurels. The competition *is* always fierce."

    trout, Dec 3, 2004
  11. rtaddis

    Ionizer Guest

    "rtaddis" <..net> wrote in message
    > Could someone please tell me how to combine multiple mpeg files into

    just
    > one. What I mean is this; say I have 5 mpeg files named movie1.mpeg,
    > movie2.mpeg, movie3.mpeg, etc. Each mpeg file is a continuation of the
    > previous one. How can I combine all 5 into 1 so I can watch the whole

    clip
    > instead of having to watch 5 separate ones?

    I use "Easy Video Joiner" for this purpose: http://doeasier.org/joiner/ A
    7-day free trial is offered. This utility works very quickly, and can
    join mpeg, avi, Real Media and WMV files as well.

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Dec 3, 2004
  12. rtaddis

    gangle Guest

    "rtaddis" wrote
    > Could someone please tell me how to combine multiple mpeg files into just
    > one. What I mean is this; say I have 5 mpeg files named movie1.mpeg,
    > movie2.mpeg, movie3.mpeg, etc. Each mpeg file is a continuation of the
    > previous one. How can I combine all 5 into 1 so I can watch the whole clip
    > instead of having to watch 5 separate ones?

    Within TEMPGEnc main window: File > Mpeg Tools > Merge
    http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html

    gangle, Dec 3, 2004
  13. rtaddis

    Richard Guest

    "trout" <> wrote in message
    > Rôgêr wrote:
    >
    > > rtaddis wrote:
    > >> Could someone please tell me how to combine multiple mpeg files into
    > >> just one. What I mean is this; say I have 5 mpeg files named
    > >> movie1.mpeg, movie2.mpeg, movie3.mpeg, etc. Each mpeg file is a
    > >> continuation of the previous one. How can I combine all 5 into 1 so
    > >> I can watch the whole clip instead of having to watch 5 separate
    > >> ones?

    > > Click on F1 in OE, search for "combine and decode". Once you figure
    > > that out, then get a good news program such as Agent or XNews.

    > Unless he's actually got 'finished', playable, consecutive mpeg
    > files, and needs a splitter/joiner.

    No. A splitter/joiner will only join files where the file was split into
    chunks with a splitter.
    Those can be identified with names like movie.mpg.001.
    to join moive1.mpg to movie2.mpg, you need a different type of joiner.
    Something like windows movie maker.

    Richard, Dec 3, 2004
  14. rtaddis

    Richard Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > trout wrote:
    > > Rôgêr wrote:

    > >>Click on F1 in OE, search for "combine and decode". Once you figure
    > >>that out, then get a good news program such as Agent or XNews.

    > > Unless he's actually got 'finished', playable, consecutive mpeg
    > > files, and needs a splitter/joiner.

    > Yeah, I saw that but thought it was a newbie error in remembering how
    > the sections are named. He specifically asked about combining multiple
    > mpegs and I suppose I made an assumption. I see now on closer reading
    > that he probably didn't mean combine and decode.

    He asked a specific question that you assumed wrongly.
    Because you saw the word "combining" you immediately think "combine and
    decode".
    Because I see various types of movie combinations all the time, I know the
    difference between movie names and numbering.

    e.g.:
    movie.mpg (01/30)
    This says a file by the name of movie.mpg has thirty parts and this is the
    first part.
    Use combine and decode.
    There are no more parts.

    movie.mpg.001 (01/30)
    In this case, a not only do we use combine and decode, but most likely will
    need a joiner to complete the numerous parts.
    These can also be joined in dos and sometimes a batch file is included.

    movie1.mpg.
    A complete movie with no sub parts that require joining in any way.
    if movie2.mpg is the second "clip" of the entire movie, then it may be
    possible to join in dos or use a program designed to join to create one
    longer movie.

    This is what the OP was asking about.
    I have several movies just like this and they don't always join together so
    easily.

    Richard, Dec 3, 2004
  15. Richard wrote:
    > "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>trout wrote:

    >>> Unless he's actually got 'finished', playable, consecutive mpeg
    >>>files, and needs a splitter/joiner.

    >>Yeah, I saw that but thought it was a newbie error in remembering how
    >>the sections are named. He specifically asked about combining multiple
    >>mpegs and I suppose I made an assumption. I see now on closer reading
    >>that he probably didn't mean combine and decode.

    > He asked a specific question that you assumed wrongly.
    > Because you saw the word "combining" you immediately think "combine and
    > decode".
    > Because I see various types of movie combinations all the time, I know the
    > difference between movie names and numbering.
    >
    > e.g.:
    > movie.mpg (01/30)
    > This says a file by the name of movie.mpg has thirty parts and this is the
    > first part.
    > Use combine and decode.
    > There are no more parts.
    >
    > movie.mpg.001 (01/30)
    > In this case, a not only do we use combine and decode, but most likely will
    > need a joiner to complete the numerous parts.
    > These can also be joined in dos and sometimes a batch file is included.
    >
    > movie1.mpg.
    > A complete movie with no sub parts that require joining in any way.
    > if movie2.mpg is the second "clip" of the entire movie, then it may be
    > possible to join in dos or use a program designed to join to create one
    > longer movie.
    >
    > This is what the OP was asking about.
    > I have several movies just like this and they don't always join together so
    > easily.

    Thank you for that moment of clarity.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Dec 4, 2004