HELP: Mozilla stealing graphics file associations

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Emily, Jan 31, 2004.

  1. Emily

    Emily Guest

    I'm a long-term IE user who has just started using Mozilla (1.5). I am
    still stumbling around a bit but like it very much so far. One problem I am
    having is that when I chose to make Mozilla my default browser, it stole my
    file associations for JPEG/JPG and GIF files. I want these to be associated
    with ACDSee, as I use that editor for photo manipulation.

    So....I went into ACDSee, which has a function to take back the file
    associations, did that. All okay. But...next time I bring up Mozilla, it
    claims that it is no longer the default browser and do I want to make it
    such. Yes, of course, I reply. So, it goes and steals the file
    associations again!

    Is there a way to make Mozilla and ACDSee play nicely together? In other
    words, is there a way tho keep Moz. as my default browser without it
    stealing file associations? I don't mind it taking the .htm and .html
    files, but I don't want to give it the graphics files!

    Many thanks in advance,
    Emily
    Emily, Jan 31, 2004

  2. On 1/31/2004 6:49 PM, Emily wrote:

    > Is there a way to make Mozilla and ACDSee play nicely together? In other
    > words, is there a way tho keep Moz. as my default browser without it
    > stealing file associations? I don't mind it taking the .htm and .html
    > files, but I don't want to give it the graphics files!

    In Mozilla, go to Edit|Preferences|Advanced|System and then check or
    uncheck whichever file extensions you want to be handled by Mozilla.

    --
    CJ
    Caffeine Junkie, Feb 1, 2004

  3. Emily

    Emily Guest

    "Caffeine Junkie" <> wrote in message
    > On 1/31/2004 6:49 PM, Emily wrote:
    >
    > > Is there a way to make Mozilla and ACDSee play nicely together? In

    other
    > > words, is there a way tho keep Moz. as my default browser without it
    > > stealing file associations? I don't mind it taking the .htm and .html
    > > files, but I don't want to give it the graphics files!

    > In Mozilla, go to Edit|Preferences|Advanced|System and then check or
    > uncheck whichever file extensions you want to be handled by Mozilla.

    Thanks so much - that did it! :)

    Emily
    Emily, Feb 1, 2004