    However, all my SVCDs as well as audio CDs work fine. Anyone have a
    clue what's going on?

    Thanks

    the unknown, Oct 6, 2003

  2. the unknown

    luminos Guest

    If a lens cleaning disc does not restore operation, it is likely a dead
    machine....not unheard of from this company of dubious quality.

    luminos, Oct 6, 2003

  3. the unknown

    Pug Fugley Guest

    DVD laser is probably shot which is why it still plays CD's.

    This is to be expected of a 'throwaway' priced DVD player, just get a new
    one...get a better one this time.

    Pug Fugley, Oct 7, 2003
  4. the unknown

    Biz Guest

    A player like that either has dual laser pickups or dual wavelength..The
    laser or wavelength for DVD reading has most likely failed. You got exactly
    out of it what you paid for it.

    Biz, Oct 7, 2003