    Can anyone help?

    Thanks in advance,
    Matt

    Matt, May 14, 2004

  2. Matt

    Robert Baer Guest

    Matt wrote:

    > Whatever the hell that means. This is the error message I get when I am
    > playing Wild Tangent's Overball game and I select anything using the mouse. It
    > freezes the game if it's in full screen, but if I have it in windowed mode, I
    > just hit the ok button on the error message, and I can continue. I downloaded
    > new sound and video drivers, and no go. The computer is a gateway 510G P4 2.8
    > Ghz 512 ram, Nvidia Geforce with 128 ram, Sound Blaster Audigy 2 sound card.
    > Windows XP home.
    >
    > Can anyone help?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Matt

    "GAME" = -->video<-- intensive, so my guess is that the overall video
    processing has exceeded its capabilities.
    See if you can borrow the use of a video board with more RAM as well
    as more vector processing capability.

    Robert Baer, May 14, 2004

  3. Matt

    Brad Griffis Guest

    "Matt" <> wrote in message
    > Whatever the hell that means. This is the error message I get when I am
    > playing Wild Tangent's Overball game and I select anything using the

    mouse. It
    > freezes the game if it's in full screen, but if I have it in windowed

    mode, I
    > just hit the ok button on the error message, and I can continue. I

    downloaded
    > new sound and video drivers, and no go. The computer is a gateway 510G P4

    2.8
    > Ghz 512 ram, Nvidia Geforce with 128 ram, Sound Blaster Audigy 2 sound

    card.
    > Windows XP home.
    >
    > Can anyone help?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Matt

    I'm not a gamer, but this sounds like an error in the game itself to me. It
    sounds as if some variable was made as a 16-bit variable (2^16 = 64k) and
    that is not sufficient for the resolution at which you're playing. Try
    lowering the resolution at which you're playing and see if that fixes the
    problem.

    Brad

    Brad Griffis, May 14, 2004