Help me to buy the right memory module to upgrade my PC

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Amanda, Sep 8, 2006.

  1. Amanda

    Amanda Guest

    I'd like to add more memory but I don't knoww hat to get and also I
    don't know how to deteremine whether i should alos upgarde processor
    and otherwise, it's not worth adding memory, etc.

    If anyone can help, I'd apperciate it. I am going to be installing
    VS.Net 2005, IIS server, Tomcat server, and MySQL.

    See below for system infornation:

    Operating System :Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600)
    System Model: Magnell A7N8X2.0 REV 1.xx;Enclosure Type: Desktop

    Processor:
    1.30 gigahertz AMD Athlon
    128 kilobyte primary memory cache
    512 kilobyte secondary memory cache

    Main Circuit Board:
    Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A7N8X2.0 REV 1.xx
    Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
    BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS A7N8X2.0 Deluxe ACPI BIOS Rev 1003
    04/15/2003

    Memory Modules
    512 Megabytes Installed Memory
    Slot 'DDR1' is Empty