help me stop my wifi card getting distracted!?

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by Synnr01, Dec 3, 2008.

  1. Synnr01

    Synnr01

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    edit: essentially I just want to know how I can stop my wifi card scanning and changing wifi channels all the time.

    hi there
    i'd be very grateful if anyone could help with this:
    I just bought an abit airpace wifi card for my pc.
    (foxconn winfast n570sm2aa; athlon x2 5400; 4gb ram; win xp x86)
    I've installed it and it detects many networks including mine.
    Signal strength is excellent.
    it seems to connect to my router no problem. however within a few seconds it disconnects.
    this happens every time and i think i have identified the problem.
    according to the readouts on the included WiFi SoftAP software it appears that the card is changing wifi channels every 5 seconds or so and when it changes away from channel 11 (which my wifi network is using) it loses the connection to the router.
    so I know the problem, just not how to resolve it.
    Any ideas?

    thanks

    ps
    sorry I've have already posted this in the wireless networking subforum but i realised this forum might give me more responses
    Synnr01, Dec 3, 2008

  2. Synnr01

    Synnr01

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    also I should have said; there are other computers that have no problems connecting to the router
    Synnr01, Dec 4, 2008