    (netBIOS Name) from -IP ADDRESS- (UDP Port ****) What should I do? It means
    my firewall is working but I find it alarming that People are constantly
    trying to access my machine. What should I do?

    Adam, May 4, 2004

  2. Adam

    Dobbyj89 Guest

    Nothing. Zone Alarm has just protected you successfully and wants you to
    know. If this gets annyoing turn Alert Events off by going to Alerts &
    Logs -> Alert Events Shown and Click off.

    Dobbyj89, May 4, 2004

  3. Adam

    HonestJohn Guest

    "Adam" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, I just got Zone Alarm 4.5 for Xp Home. Every so often it comes up and
    > says that "the firewall has blocked internet access to your computer
    > (netBIOS Name) from -IP ADDRESS- (UDP Port ****) What should I do? It

    means
    > my firewall is working but I find it alarming that People are constantly
    > trying to access my machine. What should I do?

    It gets a bit tedious after a while so most users tend to switch the alert
    off.

    Many of them may be innocent attempts by web sites that you visited
    briefly, to finishing downloading incomplete pages. Nevertheless many others
    will be attempts to gain access to your PC, seeking passwords and personal
    information.

    The vast majority of attacks are generated automatically by programs that
    trawl endless trough web addresses, looking for vulnerable computers. Even
    if they find one it’s unlikely they will find much of interest.

    As more people use firewall software it is getting harder for these idiots
    to do significant damage.

    HonestJohn, May 4, 2004
  4. Adam

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Adam" <> wrote in news:XcPlc.2959$7R6.2669
    @doctor.cableinet.net:

    > What should I do? It means
    > my firewall is working but I find it alarming that People are constantly
    > trying to access my machine. What should I do?

    Do nothing. Zone Alarm blocked it, so you were safe. Unless you see the
    same remote machine repeatedly over the course of hours or days trying to
    break into your machine, then ignore it entirely.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk

    DeMoN LaG, May 4, 2004