    Thanks
    -Ed
    , Apr 12, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > I started with Phase 1 (C1) and am now trying out Adobe's
    > Lightroom.... which is fantanstic ! The only problem is that
    > Lightroom helps organize pictures with keywords, flags etc. Much the
    > same way as Photoshop CS2's Bridge does... and much the same way
    > Photoshop Elements does. I have all of these.... HELP !!!! Which do I
    > use? I like Lightroom because it helps me EASILY process RAW images
    > and pick the ones to "develop" into JPEGS...so my wide can look at
    > them. Elements has a nice UI. I have PS because of the editing
    > capabilities. WHICH DO I USE to organize my pics ????????????

    I'm partial to Lightroom, and wouldn't use both Elements and PS- one or
    the other would do.

    --
    john mcwilliams
    John McWilliams, Apr 12, 2007

  3. Bill Funk Guest

    On 11 Apr 2007 22:50:28 -0700, wrote:

    >I started with Phase 1 (C1) and am now trying out Adobe's
    >Lightroom.... which is fantanstic ! The only problem is that
    >Lightroom helps organize pictures with keywords, flags etc. Much the
    >same way as Photoshop CS2's Bridge does... and much the same way
    >Photoshop Elements does. I have all of these.... HELP !!!! Which do I
    >use? I like Lightroom because it helps me EASILY process RAW images
    >and pick the ones to "develop" into JPEGS...so my wide can look at
    >them. Elements has a nice UI. I have PS because of the editing
    >capabilities. WHICH DO I USE to organize my pics ????????????
    >
    >Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks
    >-Ed

    Use the one that does what you want it to do.
    If there is more than one that fits that description, use the one that
    you like the best.
    It's really that simple. :)

    Hillary Clinton visited a veteran's hospital
    in Syracuse Tuesday and promised better care
    for wounded veterans. She's wounded her share.
    Whenever the Commander-in-Chief used to walk
    into the Rose Garden with a black eye, you
    knew he was having a good week.
    Bill Funk, Apr 12, 2007
  4. On 11 Apr 2007 22:50:28 -0700, wrote:

    >I started with Phase 1 (C1) and am now trying out Adobe's
    >Lightroom.... which is fantanstic ! The only problem is that
    >Lightroom helps organize pictures with keywords, flags etc. Much the
    >same way as Photoshop CS2's Bridge does... and much the same way
    >Photoshop Elements does. I have all of these.... HELP !!!! Which do I
    >use? I like Lightroom because it helps me EASILY process RAW images
    >and pick the ones to "develop" into JPEGS...so my wide can look at
    >them. Elements has a nice UI. I have PS because of the editing
    >capabilities. WHICH DO I USE to organize my pics ????????????
    >
    >Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks
    >-Ed

    Use both elements and lightroom. I use lightroom to get files off the
    card and then add them to the elements catalog. Now you can choose
    which interface does the job you want to do. I never liked Bridge.
    Oliver Costich, Apr 13, 2007
  5. Josef Svejk Guest

    Bill Funk wrote:
    > On 11 Apr 2007 22:50:28 -0700, wrote:
    >
    >> I started with Phase 1 (C1) and am now trying out Adobe's
    >> Lightroom.... which is fantanstic ! The only problem is that
    >> Lightroom helps organize pictures with keywords, flags etc. Much the
    >> same way as Photoshop CS2's Bridge does... and much the same way
    >> Photoshop Elements does. I have all of these.... HELP !!!! Which do I
    >> use? I like Lightroom because it helps me EASILY process RAW images
    >> and pick the ones to "develop" into JPEGS...so my wide can look at
    >> them. Elements has a nice UI. I have PS because of the editing
    >> capabilities. WHICH DO I USE to organize my pics ????????????
    >>
    >> Any help would be appreciated.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> -Ed

    > Use the one that does what you want it to do.
    > If there is more than one that fits that description, use the one that
    > you like the best.
    > It's really that simple. :)

    I'm with Bill on this one, but will add that I've just started using
    Lightroom and found that it is the best answer for me. I often take a
    lot of sports pics and Lightroom streamlines the process of selecting
    the good ones, getting rid of the duds and then processing the good
    ones. Lightroom pretty much does all the things I want to do to a pic,
    so I hardly ever go to photoshop any more. Plus it saves space because I
    don't have to keep saving copies to stop me from mucking up the originals.

    Having said all that, I'm thinking about changing to Mac and wouldn't
    mind seeing how Aperture compares. Can anyone help with an
    Aperture/Lightroom comparison?
    Josef Svejk, Apr 13, 2007
  6. Josef Svejk wrote:

    > I'm with Bill on this one, but will add that I've just started using
    > Lightroom and found that it is the best answer for me. I often take a
    > lot of sports pics and Lightroom streamlines the process of selecting
    > the good ones, getting rid of the duds and then processing the good
    > ones. Lightroom pretty much does all the things I want to do to a pic,
    > so I hardly ever go to photoshop any more. Plus it saves space because I
    > don't have to keep saving copies to stop me from mucking up the originals.
    >
    > Having said all that, I'm thinking about changing to Mac and wouldn't
    > mind seeing how Aperture compares. Can anyone help with an
    > Aperture/Lightroom comparison?

    I just never got into Aperture. My advice is to use the free trial once
    you get your Mac.

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Apr 13, 2007