Help me, I've fallen and can't get up. Mozilla headed south during update,

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by default, Apr 20, 2005.

  1. default

    default Guest

    I was using the auto update and everything seemed to be working swell.
    I got to the installation page where it warns you of all manner of the
    dire things that might happen should other programs be running.

    I had a ton of stuff running and a download going on that I wanted to
    keep (not restart the computer) etc.. So I chose to "cancel" the
    installation.

    Now when I click the icon I get "The program must close to allow
    another installation attempt complete. Please restart" verbatim
    grammar and all. The only choice is "OK"

    Rebooting doesn't help and the program just refuses to start.

    Is there any way to kick start the update installation again?

    Failing that, is there anyway to save all the stored passwords and
    reapply them to the new 1.0.3 version? I seem to have all the stuff
    in the program's folder - don't know where how the passwords are
    stored.

    The folder still shows 1.0.2 in the properties of the executable.
    Windows ME

    default, Apr 20, 2005