    create a shortcut, any1 help me please????....Cheers....FRED
    P.S. I don't even use outlook......i use outlook express, so this is really
    doing my head in..!!! Hope you can help.....FRED
    fredcromer, May 22, 2004

  2. fredcromer

    Brad Griffis Guest

    Fred,

    You probably only have a shortcut to Outlook on your desktop and can just
    delete it. I don't know what version of office you have. I have Office XP.
    My Outlook.exe file is in the directory C:\Program Files\Microsoft
    Office\Office10. Take a look in that directory and see if you have an
    Outlook.exe file in there. If you do then you can just delete the one on
    your desktop.

    Brad

    "fredcromer" <> wrote in message
    > I have managed somehow 2 get the MS outlook app, on my desktop....HOW DO I
    > GET IT BACK WHERE IT CAME FROM ?? , back 2 program files,
    > when i drag the icon via winI have somehow managed to get the 'app' ,(MS
    > OUTLOOK) ,in icon-form on my desktop...How do i get
    > explorer, it wants to create a shortcut, and i don't, also if i get the

    prog
    > files window,.. via c:,my comp,program files,...and right-drag it also

    wants

    Brad Griffis, May 22, 2004

  3. fredcromer

    Thor Guest

    right-click on the app, choose "cut", then in the folder you want to drop it
    in, right-click and choose "paste".

    Thor, May 22, 2004
  4. fredcromer

    fredcromer Guest

    I've tried that T,but it cuts and when i get to program files, it won't
    'paste'...( it isn't highlighted).....BTW, i messed up the initial
    message....It was meant to be..."I managed 2 get MS Outlook on my desktop,..
    (icon),(NOT shortcut either), is there a way of getting it back 2 prog files
    where it belongs..I've tried dragging it, it wants 2 create a sh.cut,i tried
    cut,paste...but 'paste' doesn't work in the 'prog files' window....should i
    consider another approach....and could it be ..HOW I get 2 the 'program
    files' that's doing it..i can use win.explorer...or double click,'my
    comp-c-prog files),and i don't know any more....try and help me out here, I
    even hate the boring colour of the icon on my desktop, ..it's really pissin'
    me off.....anyway, hope you can help.....all the best.....FRED
    fredcromer, May 23, 2004
  5. fredcromer

    Thor Guest

    If you can't cut and paste like I told you, or right-click-drag the icon
    into the program files folder and choose "move here", then either you are
    doing something completely wrong, or you have much bigger problems with your
    computer than a mere executable that is out of place. And please stop using
    "2" in place of "to" and other lazy text messaging shortcuts. It just makes
    your posts annoying and disjointed to read. I'd say it's time you had
    someone with a bit more experience take a look at your computer. Take it to
    a repair shop.

    Thor, May 23, 2004