Help me decide between two Dells

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Anon, Feb 19, 2006.

  1. Anon

    Anon Guest

    I am looking at two Dells right now. One, I've already agreed to purchase
    and I'm considering calling him back and telling him that I'm not
    interested, but I don't know what to do.

    I'm looking at these two:

    1) Latitude C600
    PIII 850 Mhz pentium mobile processor
    384 MB ram
    14.1" XGA screen with 8MB dedicated graphics
    2 x 65W-hr almost new Sony LiIon batteries (4+ hours fully charged) (just
    the batteries are more than a 100 dollars each on Dell website )
    802.11b wireless card
    CDROM drive
    Win 2K
    Comes with all accessories (Battery adapter, External floppy drive and
    carrying case )

    349.00

    2) Inspiron B120 or B130

    Specs for B120
    Celeron 1.4 GHz
    512 shared, 2 Dimm (B130: 256 DDR2 SDRAM 1 Dimm)
    40 gig HD
    24x CD burner / DVD combo
    1370 Internal Wireless
    XP Home edition

    599- 100 dollar mail in - 1/3 off for president's day sale = approx. 333.00

    My questions are:
    1) Is it a better idea to go with the Pentium III even though it's slower
    than the Celeron?
    2)The Inspirons are cheaper, but I'm going to have to mess with removing all
    of the extra crap that Dell puts on it. Is it worth the time??
    3) Which would you buy and why?

    I don't know much about computers. I currently have a desktop that I built
    about 5 years ago and I haven't really kept up with things since then.
    Any adivce much appreciated. I have to make my decision by tommorrow!!

    Thanks!!!
    Anon, Feb 19, 2006

  2. Anon

    bmoag Guest

    It would help if you explain what you plan to do on the laptop and why you
    are considering these older models.
    bmoag, Feb 19, 2006