    don't know.

    Anyone can help me?

    Thanks.

    What's In A Name?, Jul 25, 2003

  2. What's In A Name?

    DC Guest

    What's In A Name? wrote:

    > I really wanted my online name to be my initials, 'SCW' but of course it
    > is taken on just about every service there is out there lol. But I
    > still want my online nick to be my initials but it would have to be
    > spelled another way. However it is spelled it needs to sound just like
    > my initials do when you say them. For instance I thought of
    > 'SCDoubleU', when you say it it sounds just like when you say SCW but I
    > don't know if I like that or not.

    You could try something like SCreWball, SCreWy, SCreechoWl, etc...

    Hell, what do I know? Look at the originality in mine! }:O)

    --
    DC

    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him to fish and you can
    sell him fishing gear. RED GREEN

    DC, Jul 25, 2003

  3. PLONK!

    What's In A Name?, Jul 25, 2003
  4. What's In A Name?

    DC Guest

    What's In A Name? wrote:

    > PLONK!

    WTF?! }:O0

    DC, Jul 25, 2003
  5. What's In A Name?

    Jimchip Guest

    On 25 Jul 2003 05:08:22 GMT, DC wrote:
    > What's In A Name? wrote:
    >
    >> PLONK!

    > WTF?! }:O0

    It must have been the SCrewBall. A bit touchy, I'd say, for somebody who
    asked for ideas.

    It's ScreWy's loss :)

    --
    Plonk me, too, please. Nobody ever says when they plonk me
    (except RtS but that kook doesn't count.)

    Jimchip, Jul 25, 2003
  6. What's In A Name?

    Auric__ Guest

    On 25 Jul 2003 04:48:19 GMT, DC <> wrote:

    >What's In A Name? wrote:
    >
    >> I really wanted my online name to be my initials, 'SCW' but of course it
    >> is taken on just about every service there is out there lol. But I
    >> still want my online nick to be my initials but it would have to be
    >> spelled another way. However it is spelled it needs to sound just like
    >> my initials do when you say them. For instance I thought of
    >> 'SCDoubleU', when you say it it sounds just like when you say SCW but I
    >> don't know if I like that or not.

    >You could try something like SCreWball, SCreWy, SCreechoWl, etc...
    >
    >Hell, what do I know? Look at the originality in mine! }:O)

    Could always go for a variation on your real name. My first name,
    Erik, looks and sounds (sort of) like my "online" name, which I got
    from an old "Choose Your Own Adventure" books. (If you know what I'm
    talking about and are wondering, it's the Stonehenge one.)
    --
    auric "underscore" "underscore" "at" hotmail "dot" com

    Auric__, Jul 25, 2003
  7. What's In A Name?

    DC Guest

    Jimchip wrote:

    > On 25 Jul 2003 05:08:22 GMT, DC wrote:
    >> What's In A Name? wrote:
    >>
    >>> PLONK!

    >> WTF?! }:O0

    > It must have been the SCrewBall. A bit touchy, I'd say, for somebody who
    > asked for ideas.
    >
    > It's ScreWy's loss :)

    I guess he really would have taken offense to SmellyCrackWhore, then. Glad I
    kept that one to myself. };O)

    DC, Jul 25, 2003
  8. What's In A Name?

    DC Guest

    Auric__ wrote:

    > On 25 Jul 2003 04:48:19 GMT, DC <> wrote:

    [snip]

    >>Hell, what do I know? Look at the originality in mine! }:O)

    > Could always go for a variation on your real name. My first name,
    > Erik, looks and sounds (sort of) like my "online" name, which I got
    > from an old "Choose Your Own Adventure" books. (If you know what I'm
    > talking about and are wondering, it's the Stonehenge one.)

    PLONK!!!

    --
    DC

    Just kidding... };O)

    DC, Jul 25, 2003
  9. What's In A Name?

    Jimchip Guest

    On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 22:39:39 -0700, trout wrote:
    > What's In A Name? wrote:
    >
    >> PLONK!

    > Wow. Touchy.
    >
    > Why don't you just use the initials you want, but add some unique
    > characters to set it apart.
    > Some examples in the group are °Mike° and -=Hawk=-, or some people
    > use the 'copyright' sign, etc.
    > Get out you charmap, and see if inspiration strikes.

    Or add another word to the initials: SCW-touchy, SCWow-touchy,
    SCWatch-out-or-I'll-plonk-you...

    --
    We will have solar energy as soon as the utility companies solve
    one technical problem -- how to run sunlight through a meter.

    Jimchip, Jul 25, 2003
  10. What's In A Name? wrote:

    > "DC" <> wrote in message

    >> What's In A Name? wrote:

    >> > I really wanted my online name to be my initials, 'SCW' but of course it
    >> > is taken on just about every service there is out there lol. But I
    >> > still want my online nick to be my initials but it would have to be
    >> > spelled another way. However it is spelled it needs to sound just like
    >> > my initials do when you say them. For instance I thought of
    >> > 'SCDoubleU', when you say it it sounds just like when you say SCW but I
    >> > don't know if I like that or not.

    >> You could try something like SCreWball, SCreWy, SCreechoWl, etc...

    >> Hell, what do I know? Look at the originality in mine! }:O)

    > PLONK !

    What the hell's up with *that*, dude? Did you ask for ideas, or not?

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 297263
    Spam: The Boulder Pledge http://snurl.com/bpledge

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 25, 2003
  11. Jimchip wrote:

    > On 25 Jul 2003 05:08:22 GMT, DC wrote:
    >> What's In A Name? wrote:

    >>> PLONK!

    >> WTF?! }:O0

    > It must have been the SCrewBall. A bit touchy, I'd say, for somebody who
    > asked for ideas.

    > It's ScreWy's loss :)

    Makes DC look pretty prescient -- even though it he obviously meant

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 25, 2003
  12. DC wrote:

    > Jimchip wrote:

    >>> WTF?! }:O0

    >> It must have been the SCrewBall. A bit touchy, I'd say, for somebody who
    >> asked for ideas.

    >> It's ScreWy's loss :)

    > I guess he really would have taken offense to SmellyCrackWhore, then. Glad I
    > kept that one to myself. };O)

    Whoa. I can't believe "smellycrackwhore" gets *no* hits on either
    Google or Google Groups! Yeah, even as one word, I'm amazed.

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 25, 2003
  13. What's In A Name?

    DC Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > DC wrote:
    >
    >> What's In A Name? wrote:

    >>> I really wanted my online name to be my initials, 'SCW' but of course it
    >>> is taken on just about every service there is out there lol. But I
    >>> still want my online nick to be my initials but it would have to be
    >>> spelled another way. However it is spelled it needs to sound just like
    >>> my initials do when you say them. For instance I thought of
    >>> 'SCDoubleU', when you say it it sounds just like when you say SCW but I
    >>> don't know if I like that or not.

    >> You could try something like SCreWball, SCreWy, SCreechoWl, etc...

    > Scary. SCreWball was my very first thought.
    >
    > Of course, a guy named Blinky *would* also think of SCWinty. :)

    Hey, good one[1].

    [1] Prepare to be plonked. };O)

    DC, Jul 25, 2003
  14. What's In A Name?

    DC Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > DC wrote:
    >
    >> Jimchip wrote:

    >>> It must have been the SCrewBall. A bit touchy, I'd say, for somebody
    >>> who asked for ideas.

    >>> It's ScreWy's loss :)

    >> I guess he really would have taken offense to SmellyCrackWhore, then.
    >> Glad I kept that one to myself. };O)

    > Whoa. I can't believe "smellycrackwhore" gets *no* hits on either
    > Google or Google Groups! Yeah, even as one word, I'm amazed.

    It speaks to the quality of the service that I provide. };O)

    DC, Jul 25, 2003
  15. DC wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >> DC wrote:

    >>> You could try something like SCreWball, SCreWy, SCreechoWl, etc...

    >> Scary. SCreWball was my very first thought.

    >> Of course, a guy named Blinky *would* also think of SCWinty. :)

    > Hey, good one[1].

    > [1] Prepare to be plonked. };O)

    I can take it. :)

    And there's always SCWaimed, too...

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 25, 2003
  16. This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on 25 Jul 2003 05:34:24 GMT,
    DC uttered this:

    >Jimchip wrote:

    >>> WTF?! }:O0

    >> It must have been the SCrewBall. A bit touchy, I'd say, for somebody who
    >> asked for ideas.
    >>
    >> It's ScreWy's loss :)
    >>

    >I guess he really would have taken offense to SmellyCrackWhore, then. Glad I
    >kept that one to myself. };O)

    ROTFL!!

    William Poaster, Jul 25, 2003
  17. This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on 25 Jul 2003 07:04:03 GMT,
    Blinky the Shark uttered this:

    >DC wrote:
    >
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>> Scary. SCreWball was my very first thought.

    >>> Of course, a guy named Blinky *would* also think of SCWinty. :)

    >> Hey, good one[1].

    >> [1] Prepare to be plonked. };O)

    >I can take it. :)
    >
    >And there's always SCWaimed, too...

    SCWealer maybe?

    William Poaster, Jul 25, 2003
  18. What's In A Name?

    paul s Guest

    On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 00:38:07 -0400, What's In A Name? wrote:

    > I really wanted my online name to be my initials, 'SCW' but of course it is
    > taken on just about every service there is out there lol. But I still want
    > my online nick to be my initials but it would have to be spelled another
    > way. However it is spelled it needs to sound just like my initials do when
    > you say them. For instance I thought of 'SCDoubleU', when you say it it
    > sounds just like when you say SCW but I don't know if I like that or not.
    >
    > It's very frustrating, I am very fickle when it comes to online names, why I
    > don't know.

    SCreWball2003 ??
    --
    Paul S

    paul s, Jul 25, 2003
  19. What's In A Name?

    paul s Guest

    On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 01:01:57 -0400, What's In A Name? wrote:

    > PLONK!

    SCreWedup ??

    paul s, Jul 25, 2003
  20. What's In A Name?

    Brian H¹© Guest

    What's In A Name? said:

    > I really wanted my online name to be my initials, 'SCW' but of course it is
    > taken on just about every service there is out there lol. But I still want
    > my online nick to be my initials but it would have to be spelled another
    > way. However it is spelled it needs to sound just like my initials do when
    > you say them. For instance I thought of 'SCDoubleU', when you say it it
    > sounds just like when you say SCW but I don't know if I like that or not.
    >
    > It's very frustrating, I am very fickle when it comes to online names, why I
    > don't know.
    >
    > Anyone can help me?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Go for the French method.
    The W (double-u) is pronounced double-V in French.

    Brian H¹©, Jul 25, 2003