    those who have mcse did it change anything ...did you pay
    increase did u have more job opportunities?
    CHrissy
    Chrissy, May 27, 2004

  2. Chrissy

    Guest Guest

    no, no and more no's for you

    Guest, May 27, 2004

  3. Chrissy

    Neil Guest

    "Chrissy" <> wrote in news:1306001c44399
    $5e8a3670$:

    > Hi I am planning to take the mcse I just began preparing. I
    > have IT diploma,...is it better to take the course that
    > prepares you? if so where? and is there placement? for
    > those who have mcse did it change anything ...did you pay
    > increase did u have more job opportunities?
    > CHrissy

    realistically Chrissy, I would find a job and then let the employer
    decide if they want you to obtain certification. The expense of
    certification is quite steep and the benefits are marginal from an
    employment standpoint. I realize that there is a chicken/egg dilema here
    but I would start at a low position and let teh employer decide where to
    spend the $$$

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, May 27, 2004
  4. Thanks for the reply how much are the exams? My prob is that I want to get an IT job and I cant seem to get even a response from a company because I have NO experience! any ideas? Thanks for your response!
    =?Utf-8?B?Q0hyaXNzeQ==?=, May 28, 2004
  5. Chrissy

    Jose Samuel Guest

    Simple..... Get a job!

    Jose Samuel, May 28, 2004
  6. Chrissy

    Neil Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?Q0hyaXNzeQ==?=" <> wrote
    in news::

    > Thanks for the reply how much are the exams? My prob is that I want
    > to get an IT job and I cant seem to get even a response from a company
    > because I have NO experience! any ideas? Thanks for your response!

    exams pricing varies from country to country. Prometric
    (http://www.2test.com/) and Vue (www.vue.com) are the organizations that
    deliver the exams. you can look to find out what's the correct answer for
    your country there.

    as to the job problem, this is not new. I had similar problems getting
    into the IT industry 20 (or more, ug I'm old) years ago. I would strongly
    encourage you to look for that "bottom of the barrel" job. PC repair in a
    Mom and Pop shop, co-op or volenteer work, or something along those lines
    to get a little expereince. work at help desks and VARs to expand your
    knowledge. It's tough but in the long run you will learn a ton and
    perhaps your future employer will pay for your certifications down the
    road.

    Good luck...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, May 28, 2004
  7. Chrissy

    Neil Guest

    "Jose Samuel" <> wrote in news:OUGfY6JREHA.556
    @TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:

    > Simple..... Get a job!

    which require experience...
    which requires a job...
    which require experience...
    which requires a job...
    which require experience...
    which requires a job...
    which require experience...
    which requires a job...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, May 28, 2004
  8. Chrissy

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    "Neil" <> wrote in message
    > "Jose Samuel" <> wrote in news:OUGfY6JREHA.556
    > @TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:
    >
    > > Simple..... Get a job!

    > which require experience...
    > which requires a job...
    > which require experience...
    > which requires a job...
    > which require experience...
    > which requires a job...
    > which require experience...
    > which requires a job...

    It's the circle of life, Simba!

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, May 28, 2004
  9. Chrissy

    Neil Guest

    "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in news:#ApaAPMREHA.3504
    @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

    > "Neil" <> wrote in message
    >> "Jose Samuel" <> wrote in news:OUGfY6JREHA.556
    >> @TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:
    >>
    >> > Simple..... Get a job!

    >> which require experience...
    >> which requires a job...
    >> which require experience...
    >> which requires a job...
    >> which require experience...
    >> which requires a job...
    >> which require experience...
    >> which requires a job...
    >>

    > It's the circle of life, Simba!

    Hakuna Matata

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, May 28, 2004
  10. Chrissy

    Jose Samuel Guest

    Agree with Neil...
    get whatever you can to start with....then work your way up.....the old
    fashioned way.

    Jose Samuel, May 29, 2004
  11. >Agree with Neil...
    >get whatever you can to start with....then work your way up.....the old
    >fashioned way.

    .... the only way.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 29, 2004
  12. Chrissy

    Neil Guest

    >>Agree with Neil...
    >>get whatever you can to start with....then work your way up.....the old
    >>fashioned way.

    > ... the only way.
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    the best....because...it is real

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, May 29, 2004
  13. >the best....because...it is real

    and with updates, it works.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 29, 2004
  14. Chrissy

    Neil Guest

    >>the best....because...it is real

    > and with updates, it works.
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    would have thought...twisting wongh, cobol and kellyme's words for good....

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, May 30, 2004
  15. Chrissy

    SJ Guest

    Chrissy,

    If you've decided to pursue the MCSE, one of the things that you need
    to identify is how you learn best.

    Some people can self-study and learn IT material inside and out. This
    entails buying books, building labs, experimenting, crashing,
    rebuilding....

    Some people can learn the material well for actual practice, but need
    help on the tests. There are many "bootcamps" that are geared for
    this type of student. A lot of knowledge is assumed coming in, and
    the class focus is on helping you pass the tests.

    Some people can do a lot of self-study and master the product, but
    need help filling in the holes with an expert that they can ask
    questions. Certified Technical Education Centers (CTECs) provide day
    (typically 9-5) or evening (typically 6-10) training that serves this
    audience.

    Others need the discipline that a College/University level class
    provides. A college level class (or even a Continuing Education track
    for those with degrees) can help a student focus on the material a
    little at a time without overwhelming them.

    Typically for any type of instruction/education, it's important to
    realize that self-study is always required. It's not uncommon for a
    student to spend 2-3 hours of self-study for every hour of classtime.

    I teach at a College, a University, and at CTECs. I have often been
    lucky enough to see how training and certifications directly impact
    students. Some have told me that simply being in class helped them
    get an interview. Many directly attribute gaining a certification
    with helping them land an interview. Many have received bonuses and
    raises as they've passed tests and achieved certificatins.

    But that's not everyone. There are always some students that simply
    don't put much more effort into the topic other than classtime. It
    may not be their passion or their desire; whatever the reason, even
    with a long track of solid training, they don't take or don't pass the
    tests and at the end, they aren't much better off than when they
    started.

    Also, with a degree you're a little ahead of the game. Often, the
    certification helps an individual land an interview and get the job,
    but the degree helps them get more money.

    One more thing. You mention "placement." I've worked at many places
    that offer this. Some do an excellent job, other's provide lip
    service. The best places for providing placement had proof of what
    they were doing. As an example, the placement offices at one place
    were lined with pictures of students that were placed at companies
    with the name of the company they were placed at.

    HTH

    sj
    MCT, MCSCE...
    www.certquest.net