    Took 600 pictures on Canon Digital Rebel 300d, on a 1 gig lexar Compact
    Flash card, got home and all I had were about 25 XXX.ctg files ???

    Anyway to get these back?

    David A, Jun 17, 2005

  2. Richard Kaszeta, Jun 17, 2005

  3. David A

    Ray Fischer Guest

    David A <> wrote:
    >Took 600 pictures on Canon Digital Rebel 300d, on a 1 gig lexar Compact
    >Flash card, got home and all I had were about 25 XXX.ctg files ???

    There was nothing else at all on the card? No directories, no files?

    What did you use to view the card contents?

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Jun 19, 2005
  4. "Ray Fischer" <> wrote in message
    > David A <> wrote:
    >>Took 600 pictures on Canon Digital Rebel 300d, on a 1 gig lexar Compact
    >>Flash card, got home and all I had were about 25 XXX.ctg files ???

    > There was nothing else at all on the card? No directories, no files?
    >
    > What did you use to view the card contents?

    His eyes!!!

    I.P. Standing, Jun 19, 2005
  5. David A

    Ray Fischer Guest

    I.P. Standing <> wrote:
    >"Ray Fischer" <> wrote in message
    >> David A <> wrote:

    >>>Took 600 pictures on Canon Digital Rebel 300d, on a 1 gig lexar Compact
    >>>Flash card, got home and all I had were about 25 XXX.ctg files ???

    >> There was nothing else at all on the card? No directories, no files?
    >>
    >> What did you use to view the card contents?
    >>

    >His eyes!!!

    Then no wonder he couldn't see any pictures since eyes cannot read CF
    cards. They require fairly advanced electronics to convert files to
    images.

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Jun 20, 2005
  6. David A

    David A Guest

    "David A" <> wrote in message
    > Took 600 pictures on Canon Digital Rebel 300d, on a 1 gig lexar Compact
    > Flash card, got home and all I had were about 25 XXX.ctg files ???
    >

    > Anyway to get these back?

    It turns out, the .ctg files are the normal files under the canonmsc
    folder. It was all the xxx.jpg files that were simply gone. I tried the
    datarescue program and it retrieved them all and a few others too.

    have no idea why or how this happened. pictures are back and I am happy

    David.

    David A, Jun 21, 2005
  7. David A

    collar Guest

    re:....Help....... lost pictures digital camera compact flash

    Hi

    If your files are erased they can still be restored, even form a flas
    card. I suppose you using Active@ Undelete file srecovery tool. thi
    is a really mighty ine utility, as it never failed me before an
    always worked in a simmilar situations. Try it out

    http://www.active-undelete.com
    http://www.hardwareplug.com

    collar, Feb 20, 2006