    after 1-2 weeks, and also makes the reader not able to print out the
    file but be able to view it.

    please help.

    CJ, Aug 4, 2006

  2. CJ

    Evan Platt Guest

    On 3 Aug 2006 20:11:43 -0700, "CJ" <> wrote:

    >I just need to send some document, can be in any viewable format, by
    >email.
    >I look for a software that can self-delete or self-destory the file
    >after 1-2 weeks, and also makes the reader not able to print out the
    >file but be able to view it.

    Anyone with half a brain will be able to get around it. So what's the
    point?

    Evan Platt, Aug 4, 2006

  3. CJ

    PeeCee Guest

    "CJ" <> wrote in message
    >I just need to send some document, can be in any viewable format, by
    > email.
    > I look for a software that can self-delete or self-destory the file
    > after 1-2 weeks, and also makes the reader not able to print out the
    > file but be able to view it.
    >
    > please help.

    Sigh!

    You may be able to write a script or executable program to output your
    document to screen, then self delete.
    You may even program it to modify itself to record the number of days since
    opening and delete itself when its past it's use by date.
    But if you allways open a 'copy' then you won't delete the original.
    If it is saved to a read only medium like a CD Rom then you 'can not' delete
    or modify it anyway. (or "destory" it to use your word)

    Preventing printing is also difficult. As soon as it's displayed on the
    screen pressing the "Print Screen" key will copy it to the Clipboard, from
    where it can be 'Pasted' to Paint and printed out. Then there is a gadget
    called a Camera.....

    Gota ask, what are you trying to hide?

    PeeCee

    PeeCee, Aug 4, 2006
  4. CJ

    Gerry Quinn Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I just need to send some document, can be in any viewable format, by
    > email.
    > I look for a software that can self-delete or self-destory the file
    > after 1-2 weeks, and also makes the reader not able to print out the
    > file but be able to view it.

    Well, you could write a program that displays an encrypted document
    stored as a resource, and is protected by a time-out mechanism using
    Armadillo or similar.

    Note that time-out mechanisms can always be bypassed unless they are
    internet-based.

    - Gerry Quinn

    Gerry Quinn, Aug 4, 2006