    --
    Regards
    Dave Saville
    Dave Saville, Oct 13, 2013

  2. Dave Saville

    Woody Guest

    "Dave Saville" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I can no longer get into the settings of my S450IP - I get an
    >"Access
    > is denied because there is already a session initialized by
    > another
    > client" There isn't. I have power cycled the 450 twice.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    http://www.manualslib.com/manual/152420/Siemens-Gigaset-S450-Ip.html?page=67

    Reset the appropriate section?

    --
    Woody

    harrogate three at ntlworld dot com
    Woody, Oct 13, 2013

  3. Dave Saville

    Dave Saville Guest

    On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 17:15:08 UTC, "Woody" <>
    wrote:

    > "Dave Saville" <> wrote in message
    > >I can no longer get into the settings of my S450IP - I get an
    > >"Access
    > > is denied because there is already a session initialized by
    > > another
    > > client" There isn't. I have power cycled the 450 twice.
    > >
    > > Any ideas?
    > >

    > http://www.manualslib.com/manual/152420/Siemens-Gigaset-S450-Ip.html?page=67
    >
    > Reset the appropriate section?

    Well yes - but I then trash all the setups and the twat who designed
    it did not include an option to save tha config. :-(
    --
    Regards
    Dave Saville
    Dave Saville, Oct 13, 2013
  4. Dave Saville

    Bob Eager Guest

    On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 18:22:31 +0000, Dave Saville wrote:

    > On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 17:15:08 UTC, "Woody" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> "Dave Saville" <> wrote in message
    >> >I can no longer get into the settings of my S450IP - I get an "Access
    >> > is denied because there is already a session initialized by another
    >> > client" There isn't. I have power cycled the 450 twice.
    >> >
    >> > Any ideas?
    >> >

    >> http://www.manualslib.com/manual/152420/Siemens-Gigaset-S450-Ip.html?

    page=67

    >> Reset the appropriate section?

    > Well yes - but I then trash all the setups and the twat who designed it
    > did not include an option to save tha config. :-(

    Does it have anything like the Linksys ones? You can download an XML fle
    *to* them with all the settings.

    I wrote a script (in REXX) to generate the XML for me, and all I do is
    edit that if I want to change a setting.

    I know it's shutting the stable door, but might help for the future.

    Bob Eager, Oct 13, 2013
  5. Dave Saville

    Dave Saville Guest

    On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 19:50:52 UTC, Bob Eager <> wrote:

    > On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 18:22:31 +0000, Dave Saville wrote:
    >
    > > On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 17:15:08 UTC, "Woody" <>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >> "Dave Saville" <> wrote in message

    > >> http://www.manualslib.com/manual/152420/Siemens-Gigaset-S450-Ip.html?

    > page=67
    > >>
    > >> Reset the appropriate section?

    > > Well yes - but I then trash all the setups and the twat who designed it
    > > did not include an option to save tha config. :-(

    > Does it have anything like the Linksys ones? You can download an XML fle
    > *to* them with all the settings.

    Unfortunately no :-(
    --
    Regards
    Dave Saville
    Dave Saville, Oct 14, 2013
  6. Dave Saville

    Dave Saville Guest

    Well it seems well stuck. I have also tried turning the power off for
    an hour, using different machines and different browsers. All no go.

    I am loath to do a reset as if something is failing - say a stuck bit
    - then it might not recover. I still might not be able to get in and
    then I have no phone. As all I wanted to do was alter the dial plan I
    can live with it until it fails.

    Anyone know if later Gigasets can save their config externally? What
    is the curent version of the 450? Does anyone else do a DECT POTS/VOIP
    beast like the Gigasets?

    TIA
    --
    Regards
    Dave Saville
    Dave Saville, Oct 14, 2013
  7. Dave Saville

    Woody Guest

    Try disconnecting your network whilst the unit is powered down
    (and that includes the handset,) then power up. It may come up
    with a default setting, otherwise it may try to get its settings
    from the network/outside world. I have a Grandstream BT200 that
    does that.

    Woody, Oct 14, 2013
  8. Dave Saville

    Dave Saville Guest

    On Mon, 14 Oct 2013 14:40:55 UTC, "www.GymRatZ.co.uk"
    <> wrote:

    > On 13/10/2013 17:57, Dave Saville wrote:
    > > I can no longer get into the settings of my S450IP - I get an "Access
    > > is denied because there is already a session initialized by another
    > > client" There isn't. I have power cycled the 450 twice.
    > >
    > > Any ideas?
    > >

    > Nope. Never had the misfortune.
    > I would try unplugging it from router, POTS and power for a good 30
    > minutes then giving it another go.

    Well an hour made no difference. Have not tried a boot with no
    connections.

    I have come to the conclusion that there is a hardware fault that
    *may* preclude me even getting a reset to give me a working box.
    Whilst it's working I will leave well alone until it is broke.

    > I'm now just off to take a screen print out of all the set-up screens of
    > my own box. :)

    Which is what I would do if I could get in - Been looking at
    replacements "in case" and it seems that the later versions *do* have
    a config save. Although one report I read said when it came to the
    crunch the saved file would not restore. That was a N300IP which is
    just a base unit which otherwise has good reviews. Wonder if later f/w
    also lets you dial an IP? ie 1234@1.2.3.4? My first SIP box was a
    Zyxel and that could and was years before the Gigaset. What's the
    betting that the saved config file is in a non editable format?

    Gigaset "help line" weren't of course.

    --
    Regards
    Dave Saville
    Dave Saville, Oct 14, 2013
  9. Dave Saville

    Dave Saville Guest

    On Mon, 14 Oct 2013 15:51:07 UTC, "R. Mark Clayton"
    <> wrote:

    > "Dave Saville" <> wrote in message
    > >I can no longer get into the settings of my S450IP - I get an "Access
    > > is denied because there is already a session initialized by another
    > > client" There isn't. I have power cycled the 450 twice.
    > >
    > > Any ideas?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Regards
    > > Dave Saville

    > From the handset - select menu, base, base reset. This should reset the
    > password to 0000, but will erase all the configuration.

    Of which I have no record of all providers. The password isn't the
    problem. If you give it the wrong password it complains but give it
    the right one and it says there is a session already.

    --
    Regards
    Dave Saville
    Dave Saville, Oct 14, 2013
  10. Dave Saville

    ßodincus Guest

    Old Gigaset DECT phones were consumer / household oriented devices, a
    save/restore option was deemed as not required.

    Is the base getting its IP via DHCP or is it on a fixed IP?

    If the latter, set your PC on a fixed IP in the same range and connect
    the two (and only the two) via a switch or a cross cable, so you're sure
    nothing else can initiate a session with the base.

    Is the "Allow access from external networks" enabled?

    I've had problems with phantom sessions when that was enabled.

    Also try a different PSU, Gigaset bases go nuts if the PSU is off the mark.

    If a factory reset doesn't cure the problem you're pretty f@@@@d up.
    --
    ßodincus - The Y2K Druid
    ßodincus, Oct 14, 2013
  11. Dave Saville

    Dave Saville Guest

    Re: Help - locked out of Gigaset S450IP - SOLVED

    On Tue, 15 Oct 2013 09:41:49 UTC, "www.GymRatZ.co.uk"
    <> wrote:

    > On 15/10/2013 10:12, Dave Saville wrote:
    >
    > > Hmm. Both laptops were running Firefox albeit different versions. Then
    > > the penny dropped. Since I had last used the main laptop to access the
    > > 450 I had installed the Cookie Controller plug-in - and by default it
    > > blocks cookies.

    > Bad idea.
    > Cookies are there to make the web pages "work" some pages may use them
    > for other things like feeding you specific adverts but on the whole
    > simply blocking cookies is a really bad idea.
    > There are browser settings to not remember cookies and to not allow 3rd
    > party cookies, only keep cookies until Firefox is closed....
    >
    > Cookies are not evil and are essential for many important things as
    > you've just found out.

    The problem was that I was on the learning curve for Cookie Controller
    at just the wrong time :)

    --
    Regards
    Dave Saville
    Dave Saville, Oct 15, 2013
  12. Dave Saville

    Dave Saville Guest

    Re: Help - locked out of Gigaset S450IP - SOLVED

    On Tue, 15 Oct 2013 09:12:03 UTC, "Dave Saville"
    <> wrote:

    > Now I would have thought that the "session lock" or whatever you want
    > to call it would be set when someone successfully logs in, but no, it
    > is set when the login page is *requested*. So request from box A, do
    > nothing and request from box B will give existing session. What seems
    > to be happening is that the lock is set when the login page is
    > requested and the page is sent to the client together with a cookie.
    > Normally this would be sent back with the PIN. But I was blocking
    > cookies, which blocked silently, so the PIN was sent without the
    > cookie and the 450 thought it was a different request - so they can't
    > be using the requesters IP.

    Slight correction after running an IP trace.

    The lock does seem to be early but the cookie is not sent until the
    PIN is accepted.What was happening is that the response + cookie says
    what page to load next and of course blocking the cookie meant it the
    next wasn't requested correctly and the login screen was resent with
    the override of existing session.

    Now trying to knock up some perl to pull the config data.

    --
    Regards
    Dave Saville
    Dave Saville, Oct 15, 2013
  13. Dave Saville

    Dave Saville Guest

    Re: Help - locked out of Gigaset S450IP - SOLVED

    On Tue, 15 Oct 2013 17:22:38 UTC, "Dave Saville"
    <> wrote:

    > Now trying to knock up some perl to pull the config data.

    Well I can now pull a lot of the config out of the Gigaset with perl,
    but lots of the page setup where there are multiples of the same thing
    - like dial plans - is done by javascript :-( They even use javascript
    to set the item in a select field. What's wrong with <option
    selected="selected" ... ?

    Need to think on how to get around the javascript problem - and
    without using anything other than perl base modules.
    --
    Regards
    Dave Saville
    Dave Saville, Oct 21, 2013